Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Thomaston's random project

This topic contains 52 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Darkest Star Games Darkest Star Games 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Logain
    Participant

Dang all of your projects look like a lot of fun to put together.  Very creative! I love those trees and under story vegetation. You likewise inspired me to try some small scale projects.

Ian – in addition to Vanguard and O8/Pico Armor, GZG has some, Microworld has a small line, Ironwind/Ral Partha has some 3mm battlemechs and other odds and ends, and the Shapeways National Cheese Emporium are others that I know of.

Thomaston
    Participant

Thanks all, it was a nice project. A lot of experimentation and made me pretty comfortable with sculpting in this scale.
    The crawler was fun, everyone should try it. I kept adding details to it every time I picked it up.

I think Tumbling Dice ground vehicles are also 3mm.

Tired is enough.

OldBen1
    OldBen1
    Participant

I love the crawler and the techno thing.  The miniatures are so tiny!  Keep posting pictures!

Thomaston
    Participant

Some 6mm sculps, testing to see if I want to do little people with guns. Brigade South Africans for comparison. Not as chunky but that can be fixed, I really like the boonie hats on the Brigade minis but it’s against my religion to use metal minis.

If I’ll be doing this more I think I’ll make master for guns and make copies, the magazines were the most dificult part.

The two on the right are copies of another mini. Wanted to see if I can get away with copying the basic body and change the arms and details to make them look different.

Tired is enough.

Just Jack
    Participant

I’m digging those Brigae guys, but those dudes you sculpted are, as always, truly amazing.  I’d buy some, for sure!
    Are those berets on the last three guys on the right?  The poses and weapons look great.

V/R,
    Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

<p style=”font-size: 20.8px !important; line-height: 26px !important;”>
    Are those berets on the last three guys on the right?

<p style=”font-size: 20.8px !important; line-height: 26px !important;”>V/R,
    Jack

Those were my attempts at hair. The guy in the middle looks like an alien.

Tired is enough.

Just Jack
    Participant

Gotcha, and quit being so negative, they’re awesome!

If they’re not pretty enough for you, I’ll buy them off your hands, happily 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

Tired is enough.

Just Jack
    Participant

Now you’re just teasing me! Those look awesome.

V/R,

Jack

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Gotta know, are those front figs at a smaller scale, or are they kids with guns?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Just Jack
    Participant

Darby,

I believe those are his 3mm troops.  If I recall correctly, he posted a 3mm skirmish fight a year or so ago.

V/R,

Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

They’re supposed to be my 3mm and 6mm versions of the characters.

Tired is enough.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

So no Halflings with peashooters, eh?  Might be a touch too far out, that’d be getting into Shadowrun realms there!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.