Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games General Thompson SMG for FiveCore question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    shelldrake
    Participant

I am putting together a 1920’s horror game for an annual catch up game in a few weeks, and I was wondering if the Thommy Gun would be a bit more powerful that the normal SMG in the rule book.

Would making the Thommy gun a 2K3S or 4S (burst or suppression) be a bit of over kill?

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

In a strict WW2 game I’d say nah, probably not.

For a 1920’s game though? It’s a signature weapon so I think beefing it up a touch isn’t a bad idea 🙂

Maybe require the firer to be stationary to get the extra dice? (In gangster movies you gotta stand still and make faces while unloading the Chicago Typewriter)

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

shelldrake
    Participant

It is certainly a signature weapon for the game, so no move to fire and requiring the player to ham it up might be a bit of fun.

kyoteblue
    Participant

And remember the early Thompson’s came with a Bayonet….

Mike
    Keymaster

so no move to fire and requiring the player to ham it up might be a bit of fun.

Needs some sort of bonus for being fired from a moving car too.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

For a convention game, I would be really tempted to give a bonus shock die or a reroll for period-fitting one liners. Maybe once per round or something. 🙂

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

shelldrake
    Participant

Both great ideas – I do have two vehicles out on the table for the game. I was intending to use them as scenery…but one never knows what a player will do.

shelldrake
    Participant

And remember the early Thompson’s came with a Bayonet….

I didn’t know that… thanks for the heads up 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.