- 16/06/2016 at 01:02 #43420Rod RobertsonParticipant
I have three questions about vehicles in combat. I am a total newbie so my apologize if my questions are facile or uninformed.
- An AFV can fire its main gun and one secondary weapon in an activation. Can a vehicle switch out the main gun option and fire two secondary weapons if it has them instead? So could an M1A2 TUSK fire its coaxial MG and its CROWS MG in the same activation?
- In the case of vehicles with two or more major weapon systems, like BMP’s or Bradleys, what are the primary weapons and what are the secondary weapons. In the case of the BMP-1 wouldn’t both the 73 mm gun and the AT-3 ATGW be primary weapons? What constitutes a primary weapon and what can be classed as a secondary weapon? In my games, the few that I have played or reffed, (I’m such a newb!) I classify all major weapon systems as primary and only MG’s and some AGL’s and close defence systems as secondary. Am I screwing this up?
- If a ‘vehicle kill’ has occurred does that mean all primary and secondary weapons are rendered inoperable or could surviving members of the crew or other troops remove weapons such as MG’s or AGL’s and use them un mounted?
Cheers and thanks for any feed back. I really hope that the answers are apparent in the text and that I have just missed them.
Rod Robertson.16/06/2016 at 02:27 #43429Shawn CarpenterParticipant
Hey, Rod! I’ll try to help you out with these questions!
2. Nope. The way you’re doing it is exactly as we intended. In broad terms, a “Main Weapon” is the vehicle’s Big Gun (or rocket), which usually is its main AT weapon. Anti-personnel weapons like MGs and AGLs are secondary weapons.
3. If the vehicle is killed, all its weapons are considered “killed,” too. That said, if you and the folks you play with agree, you could certainly have surviving crew make a TQ test to see if they could dismount the commander’s MG or something similar I won’t yell at you if you do. 😉
I hope that helps!
www.ambushalleygames.net16/06/2016 at 02:33 #43431Rod RobertsonParticipant
Thanks and so prompt. Bravo, sir! TWW just got even better!
Cheers and good gaming.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.