Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Thunder Chrome – Web Store open!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Matias Parragues
    Participant

Hi guys!

Some months ago we started our dream to design wargaming scenery for 3D printers. We founded a successful kickstarter and now we have been able to open our own webstore. There you can buy the files to print them at home if you own a 3D printer. Here is the link: http://www.thunder-chrome.com

If you don’t own one, we also offer our models printed and ready to paint. Just take a look at our catalogue and then write us an email to [email protected] with the models you’d like to buy and we will answer you ASAP with the cost and shipping time.

The prices in the web store are for the 3D models, for printed models prices write us!

Good gaming everyone!

Angel Barracks

Hi, thanks for posting.
    I have been following you on FB and are pleased you are here!

Some questions if I may:

What made you decide to go down this unusual route of selling files?
    Do you offer STL format?
    Are you happy to print in any scale (accepting smaller scales may lose definition)

Matias Parragues
    Participant

Hi Angel,

We are glad to answer! We think that 3D printers are coming to stay, and soon we hope they will be common stuff, like phones, pc and other gadgets. So we saw the opportunity there to do something different. There are a couple more companies out there doing something similar, but the post apocalyptic range was still untouched. We are BIG fans of Mad Max and doing this was a bit like mixing two of our biggest passions, wargaming and that universe that George Miller has created. So here we are 😉

Regarding the STL files, we do sell them, and once you own the model you can print it as many times as you want to play with your friends, your wargaming club or wherever you want. Of course nobody is supposed to print and sell our models, we have a T800 Model 101 ready to be sent to any person that decides to go that way.

And about printing for any scale, well, for 15mm or 10mm many of the details will hold, but others won’t, so if the costumer is happy with it, we can do it. For bigger scales like 54mm there is some redesign to be done, specially with the bigger models.

Thanks for asking and good gaming!

Angel Barracks

Thanks, one more question, sorry.

If I buy a file and print it off.
    Will you let me make moulds from the printed model to cast for myself?
    Or would I have to print off many models to get multiples?

They are great models BTW!

Matias Parragues
    Participant

As long as they are for you and you don’t begin to sell them and get rich at our expenses and then laugh at us from your newly built mansion while you float in your swimming pool, no problem at all Angel 😉

Angel Barracks

LOL!!

Thanks for the answer!

(but it would be a yacht!)  

Angel Barracks

Really digging the boat building.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Wowzer !!!!!

Matias Parragues
    Participant

Hi there! We have an ongoing contest in Facebook! Take a look here if you want to win one of our models printed!

https://www.facebook.com/thunderchrome3d/posts/566545800195275:0

Mike
    Keymaster

done, hope it is me, I want the boat!

Matias Parragues
    Participant

Hi there! One more of our models, this time an old boat used as a lookout tower. You can order it printed at [email protected] or you can buy the model right here to print it in your own 3D printer:http://www.thunder-chrome.com

Good gaming everyone!

Mike
    Keymaster

I do like that so very much.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.