Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Thunderbolt and Lightning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve just put up a battle report of the game between Tony Francis and myself on the Slammers site. Lots of shots of explosions!

Take a look!

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com
    http://www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers

12ft x 5ft is a massive table, looks really good.

Participant

Bit of a slaughter, eh?  Seems ole’ T beat the pants off ya, John!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

The rule system does reflect what you should and shouldn’t do with different forces. The Antargrans are trained but not veterans (and certainly not Elite) so – with a large force and not that much in the way of leadership (even with a named colonel with elite skills) – you’ve gotta use them in defence really: set up a sniper; use him to designate literally a dozen missiles a turn rom the APCs and jeeps to saturate targets (while hoping he’s not spotted, of course…) and – while you’re doing that – gradually creep forward the armour to blow big holes in people (especially with the Zentaurs) and use leadership to up their firing ability a bit.

Oh, and use the infantry buzzbombs en masse. If you can do that from a defensive position, the Antagrans work well. In the attack? Not so much. That’s why they employed mercenaries!

Talking of which, the Waldheims – with their anti tank guns – can work well in defence or offence: I just didn’t use them well. The Thunderbolts work well in the attack but he fought back hard from a defensive position and managed to catch a lot on the road while I was deploying. And for a change – other than his ability to blow his own main guns with poxy dice rolls – Tony’s dice throwing wasn’t too bad!

He certainly deseerved the win! Oh and I put another page of pics up – Tony supplied his ones.

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com
    http://www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
    Participant

Ya, would have been a bit of a different story if you could have gotten that sniper into play rather than BBQ’d!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.