Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Tile-Spacer fences

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sane Max
    Participant

I found a big bag of these, unusually the crosses are even lengths, so I am looking for scenery to make with them. The obvious one is simple ACW fences, with sticks as logs – i may well just base the spacers up and paint them wood-brown, and then put garden twigs on as ‘logs’ and varnish them as-is, no extra painting. Any other terrain suggestions for these? I have several hundred!

Also obviously is as wwii Barbed Wire Posts, three tile spacers with a cross piece, barbed wire to decorate.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Sane Max.
    Norm S
    Participant

Anti Tank beach defences (representing those made from girders or rail track)

See here – look at photo’s 8 and 11 for examples and scale – LINK 

Paul
    Participant

I use them for the cross-piece frame things on windows. Just nip off the ends if they dont have square/flat ends.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Sane Max
    Participant

well, I have made 24 feet of tile-spacer fences. Had another brainwave from the mind that brought you using cat-litter and PVA mixed together to make walls (works really really well!) and mixing Compost and PVA and then applying it to a table as a realistic-looking playing surface(also works well but has a strange effect on cats)

Drybrushed the tile spacers brown, stuck them to bases, flocked them, and then put twigs that I had soaked overnight in PVA on – done. Took about an hour. They look pretty good. No I am not gonna post pics here, what is this, a Library?

Of course, Now I have 24 feet of fences that are perfect for 20mm ACW…. and I don’t own a 20mm ACW army. TO THE INTERNET!

Mike
    Keymaster

May I quote the internets and say:

“pics or it never happened”

?

Sane Max
    Participant

that means working out how to use a camera???? wellllllll i will try…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.