Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Tired of Square Riggers – Navwar Small Xebec/Felucca

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Volunteer
    Participant

Looks like the Naval Forum is slowing down a bit, so I thought I would start a new thread.

This little boat from Navwar is either a small xebec or felucca. I received three unpackaged so I’m not sure what they were intended to be. I cannot find anything like it on Navwar’s website so they may not even make them anymore. The prow is different from normal xebecs but the stern is the same. Most feluccas are two masts while this model has three. So I am leaning towards a small xebec. This little boat has 12 guns.

sm xebec 1

sm xebec 2

sm xebec 3

sm xebec 4

sm xebec 5

sm xebec 6

sm xebec 7

sm xebec 8

Comparison shot with Langton lateen barque os the left and GHQ 22 gun xebec on the right:

sm frigate 9

sm xebec 10

Cheers & Drinks!

Vol

"Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing"
    Wernher von Braun

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

Vol,

You made that Navwar ship look nice.  I had some of their warships back in the 1980s, and wasn’t too impressed by them even then.  You are tempting me to try some of those when I go back to building stuff for the Mediterranean/Barbary Pirates.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    Who maketh my spirit to shine
    --Warren Zevon

Volunteer
    Participant

Thanks Brian. I actually like building Navwar ships. Yes they take a little extra work, but they can look really good and there is such a large number of ship types.

"Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing"
    Wernher von Braun

Rory McCreadie
    Participant

Hi Vol

As always. You are the master

Be safe

Rory

He who says he makes no mistakes, is making the biggest mistake of all. Or does bugger all. Rory

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anybody go ‘wing and wing’ in a wargaming model before. Very cool!

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.