Home Forums General General Total Destruction

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

So last night I was sorting through all my unpainted lead to get a count of what needs to be painted (dumb idea, I know). Worked through most of it, but there was one box I dared not open – about two years ago, my then two-year old son got hold of this box. The result: quite a few badly damaged Black Hat Martians. I just put the box in the top of the cupboard because it is too depressing to look at. What’s the worst damage that has been done to any of your miniatures?

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Mike
    Keymaster

ooooh good question.

I will have to think, so it can’t be too heinous…

kyoteblue
    Participant

I once dropped a DBM New Kingdom Egyptian 15mm  army……

DM
    Participant

My other half upended a box of fully rigged ships of the line on the floor, totaled the lot 🙁

Northern Monkey
    Participant

Not me, but my brother in law, managed to knock half a dozen painted, based and fully rigged 1/1200th Langton Napoleonic ships off a shelf onto a hard floor, they have been sat on his painting desk in a very mangled state ever since!

My attempt at a Blog: http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/

Northern Monkey
    Participant

Ha, your post wasn’t there when I started my reply DM, i’ll put you in touch with my brother in law you can console each other, and drink to your mangled rigging

My attempt at a Blog: http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/

grizzlymc
    Participant

My other half upended a box of fully rigged ships of the line on the floor, totaled the lot :(

I trust that the divorce was reasonably painless.

Sane Max
    Participant

My middle daughter painted several already painted figures again for me. Bright yellow. It was too cute to be annoying ‘But i like lellow’

My eldest daughter got her hands on a full carry case of figures to show her friend, dropped the contents and then shoved them back in by the handful. She got a real shouting for that one, she was not a toddler.

But the worst thing ever was a GW Carry case with a fully (and Though I say it myself beautiful) Lizardman army whose hinges gave way under the weight as I was scampering across a bus-station exit route. I was forced to watch several National Express Coaches drive over them before I could start to rescue them.

I recall reading on another forum where someone’s ex-wife deliberately and methodically destroyed his entire collection. I am not a redneck, but if that happened to me I would regard murder as understandable at least.

(oh and a FoaF left his whole Skaven Army on a Train. never saw them again. GW Manager he was, the figures were gorgeous and the collection very large. That would be worse in many ways.)

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Sane Max.
    Gaz045
    Participant

A 3 year old and some orange paint didn’t mix well with several freshly varnished vehicles drying in the sun………..many years ago my mother hoovered my 1/72 plastic armies off of the floor because I didn’t pick them up in time! About half were recovered from the bag………….

I had a shelf partially collapse and stubbornly hung on supporting it for over half an hour until my dad popped around and saved the day!

( I did know he was coming!)

"Even dry tree bark is not bitter to the hungry squirrel"

willz
    Participant

Thankfully nothing major, only an 1/72 Airfix Stuka decided that it wanted to fly out of the loft.

Mike
    Keymaster

I recall reading on another forum where someone’s ex-wife deliberately and methodically destroyed his entire collection. I am not a redneck, but if that happened to me I would regard murder as understandable at least.

I remember reading that too.

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Frothers and now here Max has considered uxoricide. I’d be get a bit twichy if I was married to him 😉

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

John
    Participant

Not entirely related,but my dad had a friend, who insisted that a friend of his broke his arm due to a wargame!

Apparently they were playing a rather heated Russian front game,and one section of the board had become the climax of the game. The whole game ran on one set of dice. ( Thoughout the several hours beforehand he had been sipping through a bottle of whisky) .All did not go well, and the dice went against him. He springs back in shock and suprise, and topples back off his chair onto the floor, and had to go to casualty. My dad’s friend then had to explain to the doctors how exactly he managed to brake his arm.

On another note, my godfather has a more fitting story- He had spent 3 months painting up a full force of figures for a big game for november 5th, to portray a running battle in the cellars under parliament in the hunt for guy Fawkes.All that needed to be done was for the figures to be spray varnished and left out to dry in the garden. So he takes them outside, sets them up and gives them a good coat of… White undercoat.

To model the effect of Nuclear weapons on the wargaming table, apply jerry can of fuel to board, light match and stand well back.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.