Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Tricorn & Bonnet: First Look (Prestonpans)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Please see here for a first look at the new Tricorn & Bonnet rules for the Jacobite Rebellions, including a battle report of one of the scenarios it contains: Prestonpans.

Participant

Very interesting and I appreciate not only the quick overview, but the fact that you actually played a game.  To be totally honest, I’m not terribly interested in the Jacobite Rebellion, but I am given to understand that these rules are at least the early foundation for his next set, which aim to focus on Prince Eugene and his conflicts with the Ottomans.  That, to me, sounds more interesting, an entirely subjective opinion to be sure.

I rather like the tight focus that Graham’s rules display, as well as the fact that he tends to also find rather obscure wars to write rules about!

Participant

I bought a PoD copy of T&B from Amazon.

A quick read through suggests it needs errata/ clarifications.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

I missed this comment as I’ve been away. Let me know what problems you had and the clarifications you require (my email address is in the rules) and I’ll respond as quickly as I can. I had some issues with the first few copies in respect of the Culloden orbat and I can let you have a pdf of the corrected ones if you want.  If there are enough issues to warrant it I’ll put out an FAQ. As an independent self publisher I try my best to support the rules, and I’m happy to respond to feedback. A general comment that the rules require errata/clarifications is sort of hard to deal with.

Participant

To be fair to you, my post was based on first glance. I haven’t had time to give T&B a thorough read yet.

The government army list was printed twice in the Culloden scenario. I found the correct Jacobite list on your website though.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Thanks for the clarification. As a one man band my learning from this is not to rush things to get a set of rules out just before you go on holiday. I don’t know how the duplication happened as it wasn’t the case in my proof copy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.