Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Turner Miniatures 6mm figures

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Robert Dunlop
    Participant

Turner Miniatures has recently released the Europe Asunder range. There a several sets of STL files, enabling figures to be 3D printed from 6mm to 28mm sizes. The sets cover multiple nations and periods within the Napoleonic era. The figures are fabulous. Here is a selection of 4 figures, printed as 6mm. From left to right (front), the figures are: Prussian grenadier; French infantry; Russian infantry; and Austrian sapper:

The figures are printed using a Form 3 resin printer with 25 micron layers. There are no discernible layers.

Robert

Mike
    Keymaster

Cool beans.
    They look to be support free?

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Watching the vids, they seem rather more than 6mm too 😉

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Robert Dunlop
    Participant

The figures are support free. Henry Turner has carefully configured the STL files to ensure each layer is fully connected to the previous one during the print process.

The STL files can be scaled up, yes. I chose to print off at 6mm because that is my personal preference. It is a good test too, as the proportions for things like muskets, swords, etc do not scale down in a linear fashion. Super pleased with the results in this case. At 6mm, the figures have the right look, at least from my perspective.

Robert

Mike
    Keymaster

The figures are support free.

I wish more fantasy stls were designed this way.

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

You can remove the supports yourself. It’s a bugger getting the print off the build plate though

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Mike
    Keymaster

You can remove the supports yourself. It’s a bugger getting the print off the build plate though

Support free as in designed not to need supports.

Mike
    Keymaster

Or was that a gag about the mess of printing a supported model without the supports?

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Or was that a gag about the mess of printing a supported model without the supports?

You have the measure of me sir.

Thomaston
    Participant

It’s possible but wouldn’t look good. The Nepoleonic minis are more static. I thought the swinging hand on the third figure might be an issue but there’s a slight slant at teh elbow. For fantasy minis with swords and lots of poky pits the number of poses would be very llimited. They’d look more like enlarged 3mm minis.

Tired is enough.
    I like tiny miniatures

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.