Home Forums General General Tutorial: simple wounded markers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Many games require you to track wounded or other casualties. I made some super simple wound markers out of small plastic discs and a bit of red paint.

Step One: Gather your supplies. I used cheap puffy craft paint and these small clear plastic circles, intended for jewelry making. (I’d originally gotten them to act as bases for 6mm skirmishes.) You’ll need a miniscule amount of paint and 2 circles per marker.

Step 2: Put a small dot of paint on each circle. I like putting them off center.

Step 3: Gently place a second circle on top of each of the ones with a paint-dot.

Step 4: Gently square up the second piece of plastic and squeeze. The paint will move around in a random fashion.

Step 5: Enjoy the fruits of your labor! As they dry little lines and gaps will appear, making an effective blood-drop look. The 2nd picture shows them with a 28mm miniature on a 22.5mm square base.*

Because of the 2 pieces of plastic, they are thick enough to grab easily; small enough to often fit on top of a figure’s base; and the plastic sides will keep a clean glossy look.

*I thought 20mm squares were too small for my 28’s, and 25mm too big, so…

EDIT: Added a link to a supplier of the clear plastic rounds.

Participant

Very nice! I wonder if I can find disks like this?

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Thanks for this. I thought you were going to do a splash pattern at firt but this looks more realistic and very cool.

Participant

Thanks! As for how to get those little plastic discs, here’s a link to a US distributor. But looking over that could help you refine search terms elsewhere. You could also cut irregular shapes out of clear plastic packaging material.

There’s also shops on ebay selling clear laser-cut bases.

Participant

Nice and simple!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.