Home Forums Modern Twilight 2000 in 15mm: Options

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    WhirlwindWhirlwind
    Participant

Please see here if you are interested in some thoughts as to how I might tackle doing “Twilight 2000” using miniatures in 15mm.

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

Pretty darn complete list you have there.  Our own Irish Serb also has some 15mm vehicles that would work for this (though most of his are more modern/recent).

I played the daylights out of TW2k back in the day, and recently played a little of the updated version (TW2013, with the game set in the US) which was ok.  Glad to see it’s still a game and setting that gets into people’s heads.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

BravoSixBravoSix
    Participant

I played the daylights out of TW2k back in the day

Ditto to that Darby. I have an on again/off again TW2K/80’s What-If project I’ve been doing in 20mm using RHMODELS extensive range of minis. I found 20mm to be better for many reasons including wider range of model kits in 1/72 scale, as well as useful diecast,

Just my .02

-Todd

Fields of Fire:Reloaded - The Online Community for Vietnam Wargaming

WhirlwindWhirlwind
    Participant

It is an interesting point. I went for 15mm because that is what my WW2 stuff is…if I had my time again, I might have gone for 20mm across the board and avoided 15mm and 28mm. What I absolutely refuse to do is have both 15mm and 20mm though.

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

Understandable.  I have a large 20mm Vietnam collection, but have moved to 15mm in an attempt to consolidate scales.  Still haven’t gotten rid of my 20mm stuff though…

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

BravoSixBravoSix
    Participant

Yeah, but you TRIED to give it to me.   I think moderns (Afghanistan and TW2K) is the only thing I do in 20mm. Only because of the selection when compared with 15s. 15s is still fairly limited, though I do like it’s footprint on the table.

Fields of Fire:Reloaded - The Online Community for Vietnam Wargaming

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.