Home Forums Renaissance Twilight of Divine Right AAR – Battle of Lens

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Whirlwind
    Participant

Please see here for a refight of the Battle of Lens using Baccus 6mm figures and the Twilight of Divine Right rules.

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Guy Farrish
    Participant

Fascinating game and report. How do the rules compare to the Polemos ones for the ECW? Different wars I know and some differences but overlapping periods and similar equipment and tactics.

Is your intention to fight the whole thing!?

Whirlwind
    Participant

Fascinating game and report. How do the rules compare to the Polemos ones for the ECW? Different wars I know and some differences but overlapping periods and similar equipment and tactics.

They are very, very different.  I started tapping out the differences, but there are so many that they are probably worth a full blogpost of their own!

Is your intention to fight the whole thing!?

Yes.  To save my sanity I am probably going to impose a higher threshold for action than in my refights of the English Civil War and the Peninsular War, but the idea is to do the lot.  What is likely to make the thing more doable is that there is every chance that one side or other will win before the 30 years are up!

The main question for me is more, when?  I have started my refight of the Gallic Wars and I daresay that will take a few months.  After that, I may do another Napoleonic campaign before tackling this one.

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Hwiccee
    Participant

Thanks for a great battle report.

The good or perhaps bad news is the 2nd TYW scenario book for the Twilight of Divine Right rules will be available soon. It has 15 more scenarios 🙂

Guy Farrish
    Participant

Give a bloke a chance! (Me not Whirlwind – he seems to have an infinite capacity for working through games).

I’ve just bought the rules and already there’s more pressure!

Hwiccee
    Participant

Guy: In that case I have more potentially ‘bad’ news. More Divine Right scenarios covering the period after the TYW are on the way. So get painting 🙂

Guy Farrish
    Participant

Hope I don’t have to paint too many figures – I’ve got about a thousand Pendraken 30Years War figs painted as it is.

Always room for a few more though.

Sounds like I probably need a few more commanded musketeers and dragoons than I have at the moment, and I am pretty short on artillery.

But I have this sneaking suspicion you can write faster than I can paint.

Hwiccee
    Participant

Guy,

You can never have enough figures 🙂

Seriously remember that in the rules you can use any number of figures/base size as a unit. So perhaps start with ‘small’ units and build up?

I have a secret to getting things done, I let others do it instead of me. The upcoming scenarios are by my colleague Iain Stanford, I just get the pleasure of fighting them 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.