Home Forums General General TWW Layout vs. "Other"wargaming fora

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Or without opening the topic click the time from the forum where you can see the topic name.

Participant

A definite improvement.  Thanks Mike.  What I did the first day it appeared was look at everything that I wanted to see, then, in the top level of the forum, clicked ‘Mark as read’.  It took a while to do so, but now, when I log on, I see and can get to the new posts.

Participant

Oh man, that is excellent.

How many threads have I scrolled through unnecessarily.

That’s time I could have been painting. 

Tim

Tim from Gomi Designs. 15mm Vietnam riverine. www.gomidesigns.co.uk

Participant

I am a nomad; I travel around to many different gaming fora, groups and sites.  Each has its own focus, it’s own culture.  Some I like more than others, but in order to engage with other enthusiasts about my varying interests, that’s the way it has to be.

I like TWW.  It’s new, it’s got a nice atmosphere.  I can see it growing if people keep contributing to it and Mike stays committed to keeping it around.  It’s one of the reasons why I continue to post about my junk mostly here.

I don’t think there’s going to be any one place where “the community” goes, any more.  There’s just so much out there, pick a handful of places you like and keep contributing.

Participant

Layout question – all fine by me.

As for the other question about traffic, well tbh when it comes to TMP if you take away the one-man-spambot, and the histrionics, well there probably isn’t that much more posted there than here. I only visit the Napoleonics board over there (because of the ‘eccentric’  views and moderation) and anything flagged up by that thread on Frothers (in a road crash rubber necking sense). TMP Naps board, is not much busier than here. Excellent history though, but there is 20 years of stuff to wade through and amongst all the handbags at dawn stuff, there is here are some useful threads and links. But as already mentioned it is much more adult here.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.