Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Sci-fi / Fantasy Two More "Five Leagues" Questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there!

I have two questions regarding warbands in Five League From The Borderlands.

1. Is treasure carried individually or is sort of a group treasure chest kind of thing? The character generation seems to imply individual, but later it seems like it’s for the whole group. This is important when it comes to Laboring and buying gear.
    2. When Villagers are recruited to bring the warband’s fighting strength up to six able bodies, any that have a Flash Of Insight sticks around. But it seems like the Flash Of Insight isn’t a pass/fail roll, unless the 2-7: nothing gained is considered a Fail. So do Villagers only stick around on a Flash Of Insight roll of 8 or better?

Thank for any treasured flash of insight you can provide in these matters.

Please visit my OSR products for sale at
    www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

Participant

Cheers.

By treasure do you mean gold or other stuff you pick up along the way?

Money is just kind of kept generically available and can be used by anyone, as needed. Figure your avatar had the foresight to give the right henchmen a few coins that day.

(of course if you play in Glorantha, consider “1 gold coin” to be “a handful of Lunar silver” ๐Ÿ™‚ )

For other items, see the Equipment rules (circa page 38 or so)

If its a campaign item, it’s always available.

If its a backpack item, its available while in town. If you go adventuring, you have to pack it but its not carried by a specific character.

Worn items are specific to the guy carrying them.

In the case of Silver Jewelry, its a campaign item if you just want to sell it, but if you want to use it for bribes, you have to pack it.

Hope that helps! If it didn’t rephrase the question since I may have misunderstood you.

On question 2:

It was originally meant to mean “if the villager doesn’t get injured in the battle”.
    i.e. rolling on the table is enough.

However, I’ve always ended up playing it as “if they roll an 8+”, so you were correct.

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thank you, Ivan. It looks like I had the right idea.</p>

Please visit my OSR products for sale at
    www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.