Home Forums General General TWW which version…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Do you use when on your phone. The regular version or the mobile version?

Participant

I wasn’t aware that there is a mobile version, so I guess I use the standard version. It’s a responsive theme, so it works fine on my phone.

That it just works on my phone is one of the things I’ve liked about TWW from the start 🙂

Military history author

If the regular version is a responsive theme, does that mean it appears different on a phone than it does on a PC? If so, I’m not sure which version I’m getting on my phone. Does the phone version have a different URL or something?

Keymaster

Yeah sorry, poor terminology, does it look like this:

or this

when on your phone?

Participant

I use the mobile version as that is what comes up by default.  But I don’t access TWW (or any other gaming forums) very often via my phone – I would guess maybe once a fortnight for TWW on the phone.

In that case, it’s the former for me (the phone-optimised view). It’s the one I automatically get and I wouldn’t know how to switch to the other view – not that I’d want to. The phone-optimised view has worked very well for me so far, with the minor exceptions of the website title graphic (which goes off-screen after “The Warga”) and the vertical banner ad near the bottom of the page (which isn’t strictly wrong or broken per se, but it’s a bit big so not perfectly optimised for this view).

Participant

The first one is what comes up on mine, but I don’t use my phone for browsing.

I use mobile version

Participant

I prefer regular version at any given time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.