Home Forums General Conventions and Shows UK shows: Colours or Fiasco?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adolfo Laurenti
    Participant

I will have the opportunity to attend one, and unfortunately only one, hobby show in the UK in coming months. The two biggest ones ahead of us appear to be Colours in Newbury, in September, and Fiasco in Leeds at the end of October. Am I missing anything else? Which one would you recommend? I am mostly looking forward doing some shopping, rather than participating in games. Thanks in advance for your insights!

Grimheart
    Participant

There is also SELWG at Crystal Palace in October which is a decent sized show, just to make things harder!

If the specific area doesn’t matter to you then I would say Fiasco at Leeds, simply because of the Royal Armouries there.

Its also in the city center so if you are not driving that may be a consideration.

At the moment its too early for any of them to have posted a list a confirmed traders so if there is any thing specific you are after I would suggest either waiting or contacting the trader direct to see if they are attending.

Don’t forget its often recommended to pre order for pickup at the show if you are after specific stuff as well due to the amount of stock most traders can get in one van!

I have been to SELWG a few times and that is a reasonable show, usually plenty of traders and enough room and with decent lighting.

Hoping to get to either Fiasco or Colours myself this year though Leeds is a fairly long trek from London!

Interest include 6mm WW2, 6mm SciFi, 30mm Old West, DropFleet, Warlords Exterminate and others!

Fredd Bloggs
    Participant

They Derby Worlds show is also on at the start of October, new venue but if up to previous years  my vote.

Adolfo Laurenti
    Participant

Thanks – the tip on pre-order is a good one. Since I’ll likely fly from Switzerland, Newbury seems an easier destination. But again, I will check with the dealers first. Chasing a good variety of 15mm can be tricky! Much appreciated your insights!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.