Home Forums Alternate History Pulp UK Source For Pulp Figures?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mick A
    Participant

I’ve dug out my .45 Adventures books (I bought a set of them second hand on a whim a couple of years ago) and finally started reading them, I really like the system 🙂 Now who in the UK (or possibly Europe) does a nice selection of Pulpy type hero/anti hero figures? I have a load of 28mm figures for VBCW so its just the stand out figures I’d like to get 🙂

Mike
    Keymaster

Austin Powers style or Doc Savage style?

religon
    Participant

Wargames Foundry have lots of suitable figures. The Darkest Africa range and the newly re-released Egyptian Adventures are staples to the genre.
    Crooked Dice get some of my money…Savage School Girls.
    Northstar Miniatures also are rich with pulp figures. The IHMN figures work well for pulp and VSF.
    West Wind also have lots of good pulp stuff.
    Other ideas: Artizan, Copplestone Castings and Warrior Miniatures (England Invaded line).

Even with the postage costs, rationalizing Pulp Figures (Bob Murch sculpts) or Blue Moon from the US is very easy.

These companies will be glad to take all your spare cash,

You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement! --Lt. Aldo Raine

Angel Barracks

Wargames Foundry have lots of suitable figures. The Darkest Africa range and the newly re-released Egyptian Adventures are staples to the genre. Crooked Dice get some of my money…Savage School Girls. Northstar Miniatures also are rich with pulp figures. The IHMN figures work well for pulp and VSF. West Wind also have lots of good pulp stuff. Other ideas: Artizan, Copplestone Castings and Warrior Miniatures (England Invaded line).
    Even with the postage costs, rationalizing Pulp Figures (Bob Murch sculpts) or Blue Moon from the US is very easy.
    These companies will be glad to take all your spare cash,

It is not the postage that is the issue, more often than not it is the import tax and fees that are the killer from the US to the UK..

Howard Whitehouse
    Participant

Assuming you want genuine 20s/30s era figures, the first UK place to go is Copplestone Castings, for his ‘Back of beyond’, ‘High Adventure’ and ‘Mad Dogs with Guns’ ranges. Top of the line stuff.

http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/

Artizan’s ‘Thrilling Tales’ line is great:

http://www.artizandesigns.com/list.php?man=12&page=1

Victoriana style ranges will offer some good items, but remember that clothing styles changed a lot after 1918, and just because it’s all ages ago as far as we are concerned, it doesn’t mean that an elegant lady in 1930 wore a dress her grandmother had bought. Street urchins, crazy old coots, ragged beggars — they’ll be fine.

Buying figures from the US is a good deal for British customers at present, since the exchange rate is in Sterling’s favour. Bob Murch at Pulp Figures (although ruggesly Canadian) sells in US dollars. here’s his shipping page, which indicates that it’s not a bad deal at all:

http://pulpfigures.com/ordering_info/

The customs stuff is another matter, and I can’t offer anything on that one.

Howard

I do all my own stunts.

Mick A
    Participant

Thanks everyone 🙂 I’d totally forgotten about Artizan and Coppelstone…

Krieghund
    Participant

For some reason I seem to think there is a  European ( German? ) supplier for the Pulp Figure range.

Mick A
    Participant

I think your right Krieghund, never been keen of the look of the Pulp Figure range though…

Alan Rudd

Hi folks, I have some great figurines on my site – http://www.hokaheywargaming.co.uk  check out the ” Dystopia range ” by Graven Images.  Thinking of doing a game with these any feedback would be great. There is also a small Gangster range too. Best regards Alan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.