Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Undead Army

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    warren coleman
    Participant

Ok so this is the first batch of my Undead Army.  They are 15mm versions of the 10mm Forest Dragon 3D Prints.  They are great!  The level of detail is wonderful and they paint up very well.  When I made the order, from a very nice man in France, I did not specify theta I wanted single prints so they came on the 6 figure strips as they do in 10mm, as you can see I have trimmed a few to single figures, Wraiths and Zombies (there were a few casualties but that was my heavy handedness).  Im subsequent orders I am going to ask for the Wraiths, Zombies and Ghouls (none shown here) as single prints but the Seletal Warriors and Grave Guard I like on strips.  They are based for my interpretation of Kings of War, 80mm frontage.

The army will grow and the ranges offered by Forest Dragon and others are great…I’ve been waiting years for 15mm to boom and now it is!  Well for me anyway.

There are more pictures on my blog

http://warrenswargamerantings.blogspot.com

Comments always welcome

UndeadGroup

Mike
    Keymaster

Cool.
    Nice colours!

The wraith type things being separate does make more sense, not sure those more ethereal things need to be lined up rank and file.

Good to know that he will print in other sizes too!

warren coleman
    Participant

Cool. Nice colours! The wraith type things being separate does make more sense, not sure those more ethereal things need to be lined up rank and file. Good to know that he will print in other sizes too!

I understand about the rank and file and if I had realised, my naivety, I would have asked for individual prints.  However I was not about to waste 72 prints so rank and file they are lol

I’m sure the individualism of the other troop types will make up for it once the army hits the table

Mike
    Keymaster

Thing is they look to be sculpted as a strip, if so you won’t be able to print them as singles?

Tony S
    Participant

If I’m reading your blog correctly, you used Contrast paints for these?  10mm 3D prints?  Wow!  I tried contrast paints for some 15mm figures, but they didn’t turn out too well.

But your army looks great!  Nicely done.  Makes me all nostalgic for Warmaster again.

Mike
    Keymaster

Hijack. I used the bone contrast on my 10mm. Pretty happy. The rest of the model was done in regular paint though.

warren coleman
    Participant

Thing is they look to be sculpted as a strip, if so you won’t be able to print them as singles?

Hi Mike, they are easily separated in the ‘blender’ (i think is what it is called) and my guy in France who prints them has separated the Wraiths, Zombies etc without any issues.

He said he can separate any of their products

warren coleman
    Participant

If I’m reading your blog correctly, you used Contrast paints for these? 10mm 3D prints? Wow! I tried contrast paints for some 15mm figures, but they didn’t turn out too well. But your army looks great! Nicely done. Makes me all nostalgic for Warmaster again.

These are 15mm figures but they were quite easy to paint.

Mike
    Keymaster

Hi Mike, they are easily separated in the ‘blender’ (i think is what it is called) and my guy in France who prints them has separated the Wraiths, Zombies etc without any issues.
    He said he can separate any of their products

That is handy. Blender is a 3d sculpting software application.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.