Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Unfortunate mis-molds.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Thuseld
    Participant

I have noticed something with 6mm that I have not noticed in other scales. When I get a delivery of infantry, there are usually a handful of soldiers who consist of just a pair of legs and a blob, or just a pair of legs, or just a blob.

This doesn’t bother me that much, but when I order infantry and it says I will get a certain number, but then some are unusable that doesn’t sit right with me. I like how GZG does it in that you get 30+ infantry which allows for some misshapen figures. In one GZG packet of 30+ I got like 80 infantry, which was amazing.

Does anyone else notice this?

Angel Barracks

Nope, but then I only buy from myself!

But yes, if you pay for 30 figures and only get 25 that can be used, then complain and get the broken figures replaced, they are after all broken.

Northern Monkey
    Participant

Name and shame  I have bought 6mm stuff from at least 10 different companies and have never had this problem!

My attempt at a Blog: http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/

Thuseld
    Participant

I feel bad naming and shaming, but it was Brigade. Their infantry missile launchers came with one launcher that was not properly formed and some crew. Luckily I bought another pack of crew so can fill the gaps. I can’t remember if all of the 24 infantry are fully formed though.

It annoys me because I really want to buy their new polish figures but would like to be able to use all 24 of them.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Thuseld.
    Angel Barracks

That does surprise me, Brigade cast my infantry for me.
    Of the many many thousands they have done for me over the years, there has only ever been a small handful I can’t use.

Speak to Tony, I am sure he can assure you / help.

Tony Francis
    Participant

Hi Thuseld – I’m sorry to hear that you have a problem. If you email me then I’ll happily replace the miscast parts.

Angel Barracks

Ta-da!

As soon as Tony knew of the problem it was fixed.

As a consumer I am sad you got some mis-cast figures.
    As a manufacturer I would like to think you would come to me first so that such problems can be sorted in private, I hope I seem approachable enough.

Fredd Bloggs
    Participant

I know from sorting thousands of 6mm that some bad ones can slip through, but always happy to replace them.

Northern Monkey
    Participant

good to see the issue resolved, im sure its easy to not notice the odd miscast amongst the thousands that are sorted

My attempt at a Blog: http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/

Thuseld
    Participant

Now I am just embarrassed. Being new to 6mm I kind of just assumed this was part of it because the molds must be so small. Tony I will email you, thanks. Sorry to bring this up publicly without realising I could just email.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.