Home Forums General Blogs Update at New Leadhead, PhD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

What I have been up to, the last three months hobby-wise

https://newleadheadphd.blogspot.com/

With Respect

Konstantinos Travlos, PhD

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

Axel Oxenstierna

Participant

Some activity is better than none. Fingers crossed you get some historical games in.

Probably not anytime soon, and I am more partial to historically informed fantasy as settings these days (Harn/Lythia, Mark’s The Known World, burned out by the HistoryBros), but I am sure  I will get something in. Most of my existing historical collection is still in the apartment in Turkey (10mm Greek and Ottoman Armies for 1897, 6mm French and Prussian Napoleonics, 28mm Greek Revolution, 28mm English Civil War) but I will get them in the Summer.  Not intending to add much. A generic 15mm historically informed but fantasy army (12th century European Feudal army based on Harnic or Lythina kingdoms that can be used as a generic historical) for TTS/ DBA/ BI . If someone makes Greeks and Turks for 1919-1922 I will probably also make something.

Axel Oxenstierna

Participant

Sounds like you are settling in pretty well.

Harn is such a good setting, so very rich.  I played in a short tabletop campaign a few years back that sort of played out the Kaldoric civil war, very War of the Roses in feel with people switching sides on occasion and a variety of battle sizes.  We even had a couple of canon personalities die on the field!  We were supposed to get around to RPGing in the post-war world but have yet to get around to it.

Killteam looks like it can be a real good time, though very quick games (along the lines of Infinity), and it’s always better to have something to play than nothing.  I’m sure you won’t have much problem drawing people through the gateway drug of GW to other games.  The only down factor might be whether or not opponents can find minis easily (read: in the stores in front of their faces) in order to play.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

My solution to that has always been using matched pairs. One of the local stores here has a huge stock of Age of Fire and Ice miniatures. Nobody buys them because nobody plays the game, but!!, maybe some can get hooked on Saga with that.

Axel Oxenstierna

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.