Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Update to my Russian facings page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Added a section on the Pioneer companies.  Quite colorful in 1798 when they served in both Italy and Holland.

Also getting new information on the hussars.

Take a look: http://zaotlichiye.net63.net/allfacings.html

Participant

A very useful resource. Thanks for sharing and your hard work!

http://sparkerswargames.blogspot.com.au/
    'Blessed are the peacekeepers, for they shall need to be well 'ard'
    Matthew 5:9

Keymaster

Indeed. Thanks for sharing what must be a labour of love.

Participant

Jonathan, this is a wonderful resource and I really appreciate your efforts.  Of all the Napoleonic armies the Russians are the ones I find most daunting to paint because if find the uniform details so confusing.  In fact, I’ve got hundreds of undercoated Russians hidden away in drawers waiting for me to take the plunge but I keep putting it off because I am convinced I will get some detail or other wrong.  Having your charts to refer to makes me think I might actually make a start . . .

Best wishes

Stephen

Participant

Very cool that you are continuing work on this.

Participant

Johnathan if your the author or at minimum reason that website is available I can’t thank you enough and sure the dozens of times linked it for others are too.

Participant

Skip not sure what you are looking at but that web site died years ago; and so did its replacement…

so where have you been looking???

-dave

Participant
    Participant

OK Skip, well I’d make sure you are only reading the latest dated iterations there- because Jonathan did a number of incremental updates over that time incl. many ‘corrections’ or improvements occured.

BTW he seems to have gone missing again… has not resurrected his remade site since losing host last year. Go figure… I’m glad to have swept a copy up for personal use… d

Participant

My Russians are for the most part done, at least as combat units are. As always, you can only paint with available information you have at time. There is always the possibility of tossing into the paint stripper and starting over which I do a lot.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.