Home Forums Modern US Armored Cavalry Regiment TO&E Late 1950s?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    irishserb
    Participant

Can anyone share any details about the TO&E of the US Armored Cavalry Regiments stationed in West Germany in the late 1950s?  I’m particularly interested in the 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 11th, and 14th ACR spanning 1956-1960.

I discovered in my notes that I had typo-ed and my 1958 organization was actually for 1968.  The earliest info that I have dates to about 1965, maybe ’64, but nothing before, except notes regarding when new equipment was received in the late 1950s.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

irishserb

John D Salt
    Participant

You might find it useful to take a squizz at McGrath’s “Scouts Out!” from the Combat Studies Institute, particularly page 149.

It’s available as a .pdf Harry Freeman’s from:

https://www.armyupress.army.mil/Portals/7/combat-studies-institute/csi-books/scouts_out.pdf

…might be useful for a few other things, too.

All the best,

John.

deephorse
    Participant

Nice link John, thanks.

Less enthusiasm, please. This is Britain.

irishserb
    Participant

Excellent, had exactly what I needed,  And so much more!

Many thanks!!!

John D Salt
    Participant

On the basis of a very rapid skim-read I found it depressingly light on British WW2 recce — we set up a whole new Corps do do it, which seems to escape mention — but then the British Army’s habits (it would be stretching a point to call them “doctrine” — before the 1980s that was something only foreigners had) are often somewhat baffling to outsiders. And insiders, come to that.

All the best,

John.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.