Home Forums Horse and Musket General Horse and Musket USA Vendor Of 20mm Colonial Natives?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Coyotepunc
    Participant

Hi there!

I am in the market for some 20mmDarkest Africa/Sudan type natives from Colonial ranges available for sale from a vendor in the USA. Any guidance is appreciated.

Thank you.

Please visit my OSR products for sale at
    www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

You don’t say whether you’re looking for metal or plastic.  If you don’t mind the latter, have you checked PSR? Most of them are available from places like The Hobby Bunker.

There are a number of sets for the Sudan and Zulu Wars,which would be the places to start. HaT made a box of Ruga Ruga.

And,if you don’t mind a bit of converting, you might look through what’s available in Ancients,  Nubians, for instance.

Depends on how accurate you want to be.

Hat and others have a lot if you don’t mind 1/72 plastic.

Coyotepunc
    Participant

Thank you. I should have been more specific, I am looking for metal models. What I really want to use them for is “Darkest Africa” themed halfling/hobbits for 28mm fantasy gaming, and my plastics are far too slender compared to my 28mm stuff.

Please visit my OSR products for sale at
    www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

Well that certainly puts a different spin on things!

The problem is going to be the fact that, even in metal,  20mm figures are generally slim in comparison with most 28mm.  Each scale has its own conventions.

Given your requirements, may I suggest the Foundry Pygmies? They make three sets. Here’s one:

DA137 – Pygmy Archers

Most of them are archers,but it would be a place to start.

Not US,of course,so there’s shipping to take into consideration, but I believe VAT is removed for overseas sales.

And,until January 5, there are multi-pack deals to be had,the best of which is buy 16,get another 6 free. That would bring the average price per fig down considerably, probably within range of what you’d pay for 20mm.

Gone Fishing
    Participant

I second Hafen!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.