Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Vanguard 6mm Skirmish

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Darkest Star Games Darkest Star Games 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Mr. Average
    Participant

A long deferred project from many moons ago, with new miniatures from Vanguard. These guys are getting individual basing for 6mm skirmish using the Rogue Planet rules.

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Looks like you nailed that paint job…

😐

Erik Walton
    Participant

Nice! I’m curious to hear how Rogue Planet goes with those guys. How are you planning on statting them up?

Oh that's my theme music, it's on now!

moredakka
    moredakka
    Participant

Looking good sir.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Thanks guys! I’m looking at Rogue Planet alongside some other options as well, possibly one of the “Five Units of Distance from a Place” series, or possibly KR-16.

Re: Rogue Planet – No idea about stats yet, but I want there to be teams of Legionnaires in the field, so they’ll be buffed Groups, definitely with power armor. I’ll play vanilla for the start before I fuss with the rules too much. No idea what to do with carriers, except maybe as an armored infantry support unit since the scale and style of the game obviates APC units. Lots of alternatives though!

jagannath
    Participant

Nice – I love Rogue Planet.

I’d stat them up 4/4/4, medium, Carbine (maybe ‘powered armour’ if I wanted them to feel extra elite).

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

They look fierce, nice paintjob!

Thuseld
    Thuseld
    Participant

I have been looking over at Vanguard stuff with an eye to get some aliens to populate my currently entirely human universe. The infantry looks fantastic but there is almost too much to choose from.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Depends on the kind of aliens you want I guess – the Defeat in Detail universe seems almost entirely human-centric, except for the Skinners, who themselves were evidently human at one point.

Onslaught makes some groovy aliens though – the I Can’t Believe They’re Not Tyranids Line, and the underserved Avian and Lizardman lines as well.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Yeeeees, you minis please me…

Great job sir, really like them!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Mr. Average
    Participant

Thanks!  GW does a lot that I don’t care for, but damn if their washes aren’t excellent.  A little bit of “Nuln Oil” applied to metal parts and around the tread guards really weathered the tank just about exactly the way I wanted it.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Some characters.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Some armored support, in progress.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

You gotta stop this shit, Mat. I do NOT need to do skirmish in 6mm and the temptation is getting unbearable.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Mr. Average
    Participant

Need is a weak word. 😉

Thomaston
    Participant

Thats some delicate painting on teh banner.

Tired is enough.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Thanks! I was really proud of that one! It was a low humidity day so the paint was drying out fast, even with a wet palette, so I was glad it came out so well.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Thomaston
    Participant

How soon can we expect game reports?

Also in the first ever photo, what glue did you use on the nails?

Tired is enough.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Plain white glue.  Comes off nicely when the painting is done.  On the tanks, I use a spot of CA glue, which shears off pretty well.  And battle reports?  Well I need to paint the opposing force, first. But soon I hope!

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Really excellent looking, sir!  I have a ton of reeeeally old GW 6mm stuff (from back in the Adeptus Titanicus 1st ed and old Space Marine epic game) but these look way better, just a lot more dynamic.  Good stuff.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.