Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Various 18th century figures

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    willz
    Participant

First let me apologise to forum members who visit my previous post’s to find a cute picture of a kitten, that is due to Photobucket not allowing third party posting?  I won’t be going through my older post’s and reloading the photo’s from another source, plus side is I can post old photo’s and call them new.

Here are some photo’s of items I have been working on over the last few weeks.

French infantry officer, Hinchcliffe Austrian converted and RSM drummer.

Elite officer on Hinchcliffe horse and Willie figure drummer.

Spencer Smith plastics, Il de Ray battalion C1740.

Erbprinz grenadiers,Tradition figures.

Erbprinz musketeers, Tradition figures.

Erbprinz commanding officer, Foundry officer with foundry drummer and Warrior Miniature drummer converted to a pioneer.

Lovely stuff. Those Spencer figures are cool.  I could never paint them.  But they are very cool.

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

There’s something special about how you do your figures.  I’m not really sure how to describe it, but they make me feel like they belong on a bespoke wargames table  in a dedicated wargames room lined with bookcases with the players drinking brandy and smoking cigars.

Somewhere where it’s always the 1970s, in a good way. 🙂

willz
    Participant

Cheers for your kind comments and words Trulsenbakkenfjell, Victoria,

“Somewhere where it’s always the 1970s, in a good way” ah the 1970’s for me involved a lot of time at sea underwater inter-spaced with bouts of alcohol consumption in foreign ports and incredibly poor disco dancing  ah wonderful days.

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

I loved the 70s, but I was young enough to find power cuts exciting, sitting in front of a coal fire reading by candle light.

Oh, the word I was looking for regarding your figures.  Evocative. 🙂

Thanks so much for sharing them. 🙂

Cameronian
    Participant

Coming up trumps as always.

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.