Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming Video of Battlegroup VR

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Since pictures are very bad at showing VR, I did a short video showing a battle.

Flat video still doesn’t capture how VR really feels, but it shows a little more.

The video is a little hectic, but I do mange to hold still long enough for some good viewing.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

You’re not kidding about hectic!  Took me a minute to follow who was who.

Those ships seem to take a lot of punishment, and that collision was pretty wild!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

You’re not kidding about hectic! Took me a minute to follow who was who. Those ships seem to take a lot of punishment, and that collision was pretty wild!

Yeah, my poor ship was hit twice! by two different enemy ships. I was sure it was about to explode, but to my surprise, it had only lost about 400-500 hull out of 1600. So not as bad as it looked. But early in my game when I was a noob, I hit an enemy carrier and we scrapped along each other along the whole length of the ships, I just stood there saw my hull go lower and lower, tried to steer away, only to dig dipper into the carrier. Finally, we separated, and I had only 18% hull left. Luckily the carrier was even more damaged. so I turned around and fired my beam and blew it up.

I’ve now played over 6 hours in the campaign, and I still have unlocked only half the ships and I’ve only come to mission 9 out of I think 20 or 30. I tried to beat mission 9 but my heavy crusier (my flag ship) got blown up so now I’m working up trying to get upgrade chips and credits to get a new heavy cruiser. Mission 9 unlocks Fleet carrier. So I really want that.

The missions are quite varied, from protection damaged convoys to blowing up convoys, attacking space stations, damaging ships docked at a space station. A hit and run mission were you must blow up a command ship and get the hell out of there before you get overwhelmed.

Added another video, that show the outside view.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I’m sure it’s not how it sounds when you play, but in this video for some reason it sounded like an NES game from like 1990.  The action does make me want to get VR though!

N

I’m sure it’s not how it sounds when you play, but in this video for some reason it sounded like an NES game from like 1990. The action does make me want to get VR though!

Now that you mention it, yes I can hear it in the video. And it does kinda sound like that in-game, only the general quality is better and more base etc.
    Here’s a video I did with 8 ships in my fleet, which now includes a fleet carrier, that has 3 squadrons of fighters/bombers, a battlecruiser and a battleship.
    The enemy also has a battleship. It’s again a shame I can only capture video in 1080p as in-game with 4k it’s crystal clear. And of course you don’t get the scale, that battleship is HUGE!!

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Some really cool ship designs there.  The enemy doesn’t seem to know how to retreat, but ramming they are well versed in!

They do know how to retreat, I just usually manage to destroy them before they get to the warp out point. But some do manage to getaway. I lost my battlecruiser today, I put it out in front, which it is supposed to do, but got overwhelmed, I tried to get it out of harm’s way, but hit an enemy battlecruiser that was on its way back to the action after running away and so mine got blow up. Fighters can really do a lot of damage when there is enough of them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.