Home Forums WWII Video Review of Combat Patrol(TM): WWII

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Little Wars TV conducted a video review of Combat Patrol(TM): WWII.  See http://www.littlewarstv.com/combat-patrol.html.  While some portions of the review were somewhat harsh, it got one of the highest ratings of any rules they have reviewed.

Buck Surdu

Keymaster

Interesting on a number of levels.
    What I found interesting, other than the mention of the word genius a number of times (kudos sir, kudos) is the thoughts around presentation.
    I wonder if this is due to the number of very slick crowdfunded/high visibility rules out there that have many thousands of dollars/pounds ready to put into graphic design and production.

Participant

I really like the sound of these rules. I had heard of the rules before this but not investigated them to any extent. Really interesting ideas and I have no problems with card driven games.

Where can I get the rules in the UK?

Participant

Sorry for the tardy response.

The rules and cards are available from Sally 4th in the UK and Europe.

There are a number of free downloads and instructional videos on the rules’ Web site: http://www.bucksurdu.com/Buck_Surdu/Combat_Patrol.html

Buck

Participant

I made the decision early on to use a typewriter font to sort of portray that WWII feel, but the font gets frequent criticism.  There is a lot of color and many examples in the book.  I certainly don’t think reading the rules “makes your eyes bleed” as quipped by one of the reviewers.  Yes, I didn’t have the wherewithal to pay for professional layout and slick look.  In fact, I never intended for there to be a rules book.  My thought was that you would buy the cards which are (necessarily) pricey enough, so you should just download the rules and begin to play.  I find that players RARELY have to refer to the book, so having a paper copy near the table is of limited value.

Buck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.