Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Village Assault 1815

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Taking a page from Norm’s book here.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Good show!

Participant

Not surprising that Blucher didn’t take part; I believe he was pregnant at that time wasn’t he?

(Although I now understand that fascinating anecdote was based on an English literal translation of a German idiom).

I’ve run through simple assaults solo a couple of times myself, before trying a new ruleset with a real life opponent.  Quite helpful to figure out rules ahead of time, or even to realize that a certain set of rules was not at all appealing to me!

Participant

Not surprising that Blucher didn’t take part; I believe he was pregnant at that time wasn’t he? (Although I now understand that fascinating anecdote was based on an English literal translation of a German idiom). I’ve run through simple assaults solo a couple of times myself, before trying a new ruleset with a real life opponent. Quite helpful to figure out rules ahead of time, or even to realize that a certain set of rules was not at all appealing to me!

I wonder how many other strange tales arise from literal translations of idioms. Yeah, a few times that solo tests of new rules say to just pack it in (speaking of idioms).

It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.