Home Forums Modern Volksarmee Team Yankee East German's

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Battlefront has Volksarmee , East German’s for Team Yankee , coming out in Jan 2017, kinda looking forward to it as I already have 29 T-55’s built…not the right ones but what the hell….

More on all this as time goes by.

irishserb
    Participant

Well its about time!  I’ve been waiting for East Germans since 1989.  That’s awesome, thanks for posting this.  Looks like I’m finally going to dive into the realm of Team Yankee a little.

kyoteblue
    Participant

It will be fun, Irishserb !! I’ll post about the book and stats here as I get them.

kyoteblue
    Participant

The T-55’s are going to be tougher than the Leopard 1’s but Rate of fire is still a 1. They will also bog on a 3 , I guess to reflect the added armor. They will be cheap to field in army points so if you can afford the 72.50 for 5 of BF’s T-55’s you can have a ton of them.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

With 29 T-55’s you need only 2 or 10 more to have a full battalion of Soviet tanks with which to steamroller your opponents. Let four M1A1 Abrams and four M-2 Bradleys try to stand up to that juggernaut when it’s supported by a battery of direct fire artillery and a company of motorised infantry.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

It will be fun……

kyoteblue
    Participant

My FLGS may get the Volkarmee book in next week, we seem to always run a month later that the rest of the world getting the new releases for Battlefront in.  I hope that Plastic Solider Company goes ahead with their plastic T-55s  as there is no way I will be able to buy the Battlefront ones.

Our Northern Front Team Yankee campaign kicks off the 29 of this month and I hope to post AAR’s and what have you .

Jemima Fawr
    Participant

Only a small part of East Germany’s tank force was made up of funky T-55AM2, so your ‘wrong’ T-55s will be perfectly up to the job, Kyote!

Like you’ I’ve got a ton of ‘ordinary’ T-54s and T-55s ready to roll!  As well as a stack of BTR-152s, so those East German infantry figures are gong to have to be bought!

My wargames blog: http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/

kyoteblue
    Participant

Another delay at my FLGS, they maybe getting Volksarmee and some of the East German kit in next  week.  The Northern Front campaign kicks off next Sunday so I hope to start a new thread for it and gasp write up some AAR’s as I play out some of the battles.

shelldrake
    Participant

Pity about the delay.

My Battle Front Russian Platoon arrived, and they are rather nice.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I may get the book some time this week. I kinda get discouraged when every thing takes so long.

kyoteblue
    Participant

The Volksarmee book is in but due to a fall I took last Sunday driving is painful right now so I’m going to have to wait till this Sunday to pick it up.

shelldrake
    Participant

Hang in there – it is almost Sunday… well, it is one day closer to Sunday where I am in the world than where you are

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.