Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Waldheim Dragoons for the Crucible rules

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John TreadawayJohn Treadaway
    Participant

I worked up some new models (from Brigade) and painted them using an airbrush and Panzer Putty (new for me) for masking.

I also reworked the play sheets and added a new page to the Slammers website detaling the process.

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com
    http://www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
    Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

Look good sir.  That’s an interesting paint job to me, very muted.  Reminds me of a Pakistani experimental camo derived from a Russian pattern.

Do you think that Panzer Putty will be reusable, or did doing these models kill it?

I found it interesting that you did a Strong wash, then a dip in black.  The dip doesn’t just cover things up?  Also, doing the panel lines after dull  coat surprised me.  I was always told to do those sorts of things with a gloss coat on so it wicks into the recesses, whereas on a dull coat it will tend to sit on all parts.

Horses for courses, of course.  Your results are darn good to my eye!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Glad you liked the camo: it was just a try out, to be honest, of something I thought looked pretty!

Ah – sorry if I gave the impresion I did anything after the dullcoat other than shiney bits. No – it all went on before the dullcoat then matt then shiney bits.

The black dip is a mix of quite a lot of Future and not much black ink so it doesn’t cover up too much. The wash went on before just becasue I wanted to see what it looked like to judge how much ink in the future for a final panel line enhancement.

The Putty? I certainly hope to reuse it. I will investigate later!

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
    Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

The black dip is a mix of quite a lot of Future and not much black ink so it doesn’t cover up too much. The wash went on before just becasue I wanted to see what it looked like to judge how much ink in the future for a final panel line enhancement.

Aha, I dig.  You know, I have yet to figure out how to do a vehicle dip without somehow leaving finger prints, or the areas where I am holding it not getting covered.  Strangely, I have yet to meet anyone who does dips either and have started to wonder if this is an “across the pond” sort of thing.  How DO you do this?  I’ll see if I can find a youtube video…

But yes, they look very good sir!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

I have yet to figure out how to do a vehicle dip without somehow leaving finger prints, or the areas where I am holding it not getting covered.

Simple: latex gloves. The Future is runny enough not to worry about ‘bald spots’ where my fingers were and the rubber leaves no finger prints (and keeps the crap off of ya hands!)

I pour the stuff into a red plastic party cup and either dunk the whole vehicle (if it’ll fit) or – with a big one like a blower – I dip each end in turn with over lap and then leave it on a propped up surface (on a couple of tacks or dice or something just to get it off of the worksurface) to dry.

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.