Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming War Diary of Billy Bob Johnson.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

A video following the exploits of American pilot Billy Bob Johnson in his first 4 missions in early April 1918. Missions 1-3 had little action and so was shown as a little montage. After spending almost 3 hours in the air in the first 3 missions with little action. I almost get blown out of the sky within seconds of first contact with a Dr 1. As it rakes my plane from above.
    But Billy Bob surives and even bags an Albatros.

Part 2

Participant

That 2 seater could have had you!  And I swear early on in your solo furball one of those triplanes had a stopped prop.  I’m very surprised they weren’t able to more easily get onto your tail, and you likewise outrun them.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

That 2 seater could have had you! And I swear early on in your solo furball one of those triplanes had a stopped prop. I’m very surprised they weren’t able to more easily get onto your tail, and you likewise outrun them.

The AI sadly does not use the planes to their fullest, I’m a bad WW1 flyer, so they are still a challenge for me, but I usually die from surprise attacks(which I guess is realistic. )

If you watch this video with two humans.
    You’ll see a completely different way of flying. The AI doesn’t really do loops or even verticals, they only turn and turn. But here you’ll see what a Dr 1 CAN do if the pilot is good enough.

Participant

That is a neat vid, I liked the sportsmanship.

Back when, I used to play a lot of Rise Of Flight (wish there was VR back then!) and there was this one dude that was just a scourge with DR1.  I learned a bit from him and could do quite well, but it’s main problem is a low climb rate so once you get into a turning fight you could be in real trouble once you get real low.  A heck of a lot of my kills (both AI and vs players) were the classic from above and behind on a first bounce.  Going horizontal or using vert all depended upon what the target was.

You gotta use the vert, my dude!  Some planes have a lot of power and can really snap a 180 much more quickly by going nose up.  It is surprising, however, how useless the rudder can be on some planes at higher speeds.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.