Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century War of the Spanish Succession 18mm Wofun Games.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    willz
    Participant

Wofun games has just released WSS range of 18mm and 28mm flat figures.

18mm Army direct from the box, just push out, click into the bases and ready to play.

I chose the Wofun base option.  You could get your MDF bases for at least a third of the price Wofun charges for them, however they come pre-painted and with slots cut in them.  It would take several days to cut your required slots, it all down to personal taste.

x

Some of you may notice that the flags according to some sources are the wrong way around, so Wofun provides spare standard bearers and downloadable flags for you to chose your style.

x

A French regiment, the command stand I have flocked, not sure if I am going to do it for all stands????? and on the command stand I have done a black wash on the edges, again “a natural” or black was on edges??????

x

x

You get over 2220 18mm figures in the WSS army pack, French, British, Dutch and Bavarian.

Overall very impressed with the production standard, they also do this in 28mm plus several other periods.  I like the Jacobite and the Republican Roman.  Highly recommended.

They are awesome! I love them and will definitely buy them when they start covering the 19th century! Thanks for sharing.

Gun Dog Miniature Painting Services
    https://m.facebook.com/gundogminiatures/
    Sniffing out unpainted armies!

willz
    Participant

They are awesome! I love them and will definitely buy them when they start covering the 19th century! Thanks for sharing.

They do ACW, though they are not by Peter Dennis and the heads look strange to me.

willz
    Participant

Over the past two weeks I have been working on these Wofun 18mm flats, I am very impressed with this figures.
    Though they have printed the flags on the wrong side, the had produced standard bearers with just flag poles ( I would have preferred them to do all the standard bearers this way).
    So I have be making my own flags and with minimal paint changing cuffs, waistcoats and some breeches to the correct colours.
    Not with standing having to do a little bit of work some 760 French infantry ready for action in under two weeks is a good reason to buy these figures.
    Just the cavalry then the allies to do.
    I also ink washed the sides of the figures to dull down the bright sides.

La Reine regiment.

La Corronne regiment.

French guards.

Swiss guards.

Various regiment’s.

Senior officers.

Norm S
    Participant

Fascinating and very compelling.

Oh the ink and proper flag really lift them up.

I kinda regret not getting them now.

willz
    Participant

More work on these figures, I know you can just plug the figures into the base and play but I did not like the dark holes on the bases, so with a mix of acrylic paint, PVA glue and sand I am filling in the gaps.

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

HALT this now – please have this thread either locked or deleted.

I cannot afford the time, space or cash to get into a new range (AWI or ACW or both) and have buried the link to Wofun (and the offers running at the moment) into next years ‘plans’.

Please, please stop being so cruel and showing me the great work you have done on them…

willz
    Participant

I take no pleasure in being evil and tempting you with these figures Andrew, we all have a cross to bear.  So just for you Andrew another photo to show you how they look in a larger group.

That’s a wonderful looking force!

willz
    Participant

Been working on these this week inking edges, painting some hat lace and filling in bases, just about finished the French and now moving on to the Allies.
    Was not happy with the way the artillery cannons looked so I bought some cannons from Eureka Miniatures.
    I have some inking to do on the cannons and some of the figure edges.

French 12pdr battery Eureka miniature cannon.

French 9 pdr battery

Battalion guns.

A host of infantry.

Cavalry.

willz
    Participant

1/87 HO model railway building.

Airfix building.

willz
    Participant

Still inking edges (what a boring job), some more photo’s of these excellent miniatures.  French 12pdr battery using Eureka 18mm SYW cannons.

Infantry regiment with 3pdr battalion gun, buildings Peter Dennis castle assault shrunk 50% and printed on thin card.

British mortar, barrel from an old plastic canon.

French mortar.

British high command.

Loadsa French.

Mike
    Keymaster

Still inking edges

I used a Sharpie for my old card stuff. Very quick.

vtsaogames
    Participant

Loks like 5 stands per infantry/cavalry regiment. Hmm.

This too shall pass

willz
    Participant

Still inking edges

I used a Sharpie for my old card stuff. Very quick.

I tried a sharpie Mike but the colours were too dark on the edges, so I opted for the slow and boring ink wash, however I feel a better effect.

willz
    Participant

Loks like 5 stands per infantry/cavalry regiment. Hmm.

Each infantry regiment has 40 figures in 5 stands 30mm x 20mm and each cavalry regiment 27 figures in 5 stands 30mm x 30mm.  Andy Callan rules provided with the figures I will give them ago.

vtsaogames
    Participant

Please report back on how the rules go. I do like his old AWI set, Loose Files & American Scramble.

This too shall pass

Proper 3d cannon helps so much with the look, very smart idea.

willz
    Participant

Trying to decide what buildings for my Wofun minis has been an interesting journey, having first thought of using N gauge faller and the like railway half timber houses I thought £16 a pop starting price was too expensive.  So I down loaded some building templates and posted them last time, also thought of 15mm resin again fairly pricey.

Then I thought why not use Peter Dennis European buildings book, which I dully bought from Helion books as an e-book (only down side I have to print of the house in 28mm, then scan into my computer.  As I have not worked out how do copy, cut and paste a PDF file?).
    When uploaded I then shrunk the house down somewhere between 40-50% in word and printed out on white thin card.

So the e-book cost £12, thin card £4 and ink from printer, my guess is for under £20 I will get between 30 – 50 buildings.
    Here are my efforts, I have a few bits of detail to add, chimneys and grey the roof edges.

Wonderfully done.

I’m looking at houses for my 10mm WSS project, and I think I’ve ended up on battlescale, I can get what I planned on for first step for about £60, but that’s far far from 50 buildings,  it’s less than 10 buildings and quite a bit of walls and hedges.

It seems very few produces do German stone buildings,  they are all timber or timber stone.  But a lot of towns and villages in Germany and some in eastern Europe were mostly stone. Yet stone European buildings are either dark age or ww2 era.

willz
    Participant

A retro refurbish on my buildings, having based them on artist grey board I decided that I would be better to use my old standard of table mats or coasters as they are cork and Formica and will not warp.

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

Very neat – it’s amazing how well the 3D building and weapons go with the flats and the filling of the bases really make a difference.

Still not happy with you posting this 🙂

willz
    Participant

Thanks Andrew for you kind comment, go on give into the temptation after all Christmas is just around the corner.  Drop big hints to loved ones.

willz
    Participant

I want to game with my WSS Wofun figures but have not got the table at the moment.
    So here are a few snaps of them.  The British have not unfurled their flags, I have not done them yet.
    I bought 25 15mm trees for £12 the other day and made up some wooded areas, based on table coasters.

The Wofun cannons are made of MDF and I think they looked to thick on the gun carriages and wheels, so I cut down the centre of both and made
    the cannons slimmer.  Then I added a cannon barrel from Cornwall models.
    Repainted and based.

This is from the Wofun web site to show the gun carriages.

Superb collection!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.