Home Forums General General Wargaming Shops in North Wales

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Since many people seem to come here for a holiday, I thought I’d mention a few places where a stressed wargamer can get a few moments solitude and spend a few quid on toys :).

Porthmadog – on the road to Black Rock Sands there’s a model shop which has just about every 20mm plastic figure known to man for sale, plus 28mm Warlord and Perry, and a fair bit of terrain.

Llanfair P.G. – yes the one with the unfeasibly long name. Opposite Pringles (the big shop where everyone goes) is Mona Models. Recently opened by a nice bloke called Les, 28mm plastics and lots of 20mm plastics also. Bits of PSC about as well.  Pringles itself has a lot of Airfix.

Llandudno – close to the station is Acme Games which, unlike the other two, is run by a gamer. Lots of 28mm plastics from the usual suspects, plus Bolt Action, Gripping Beast, a huge amount of Flames of War, Mantic and GW.

Rhuddlan – model shop on the High Street. I know nothing about it, but apparently it has PSC.

Keymaster

Good to know, we are off to Wales later this year and not far from Porthmadog!

Participant

I’m going to guess…. Mora Bychan?

Purple Moose brewery now have a shop in the High Street as well.

Keymaster

Not 100% sure, my relatives have a static caravan/lodge thing in a forest.
    Not that far from Harlech.

Participant

Serendipity-tastic! I’m driving the clan around the North in a 27′ motorhome in July. Looks like there’ll be a few extra stops! 

I have fond memories of Black Rock Sands – drove an Astra Estate on the beach when I was 12, and me and my Dad had a kite get utterly shredded there by the winds! We stayed in a static caravan during some weather-induced power cuts, huddled around a couple of candles. Happy times! 

Now it’s my kids’ turn…

Participant

And I forgot to say thanks Stewart! 

Participant

Mike – that sounds like Coed y Brenin…

Glad to be of service all – I like to put a few shekels in the way of my FLGS, that way they stay open!

Participant

Good to know – book marked.

Participant

Thanks for that, it will be a surprise for the wife as if by magic whilst in Wales a model shop appears.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.