Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Warhammer 3rd edition cheat sheet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steven Francis
    Participant

Last weekend I finally got my first game of 3rd edition in…only a few years to late. Good game of Kislev Vs an all mounted Chaos Raiders force. Overall most went well but I now think a little cheat sheet will speed things up no end…so beyond the basics of round order (second move phase was a kicker for us both), hit/wound tables what else should I include? Obviously will share here once completed but any ideas welcome.

Mike
    Keymaster

I use these and unit cards:

And then some notes that apply to special troop types like this:

Steven Francis
    Participant

Mike, thanks…I have the plan on unit lists to save space but really love your cards…reminds me of second edition epic…the greatest game EVER. But I digress..
    I suspect that I have most of the above down, and a few little flows for specific steps. One question…magic…yes or no? I am worried it may slow things down and lead to more book checking. We only play in a friendly form so like to keep it clear and simple to focus on the fun not book keeping.

Mike
    Keymaster

So yeah magic.
    It can make a mockery of units of troops at high level, it can become an arms race with wizards as nukes.
    We limit wizards to level 5 which allows only 3 level 1 spells.
    Currently we only have 1 wizard per army.

Same sort of thinking with magical items too.

Mike
    Keymaster

reminds me of second edition epic…the greatest game EVER. But I digress..

Card buildings and plastic rooftops?

Steven Francis
    Participant

Yep….it’s where my fall started. I long for that excitement of opening that box in my life again…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.