Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Warhammer Fantasy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

I am trying to make a note of when each edition was set.

WFB 3rd Edition states in it’s fluff that the current year is 2512.

Anyone else got a copy of any of the other editions that can peek at?

Geof Downton
    Participant

I’ve got a copy of 7th – I can find no reference to a date.

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Levi the Ox
    Participant

What I’ve got on the bookshelf:

6th Ed. Core doesn’t give the present date, but included a historical battle dated 2480, and is set “many years” into Karl Franz’s reign.

6th Ed. Lizardmen goes up to 2522

7th Ed. Core book goes up to at least 2522, recording Karl Franz’s coronation in 2502 and that he has reigned for “over two decades”.

7th Ed. The Empire gives the present as 2522, with the war against Archaon beginning in 2521.

ian pillay
    Participant

Correct 3rd edition page 199. Has the imperial calendar starting at 1, which is 2500 before present, 6000 elf reckoning and 3000 dwarf reckoning. That is when the dwarfs and northern tribes drive the goblinoids from the old world.

around 1500 (IC) sigmar unites the tribes and the Empire is formed.
    A more detailed time line is most probably in WHFR as 3rd Ed is sort of the mass battle version. Blood on the streets and Terror of the Lichemaster will be good reference sources.
    I can’t find any date references in Force of Fantasy or the 1st Ed rules.
    The 2nd edition has a time line that starts at 100 000 years before  present. With the Great Ice Age. With man emerging around 3000 in Arabia and Cathay.
    Around 1500 there is a mention of Old Worlders re-establishing nations as they continually war amongst themselves.

Year 0 on this time line is the World as is Today.
    Hopefully this is helpful.
    Ian

Tally-Ho!

Angel Barracks

Not sure I follow you ian.

My copy of 3rd edition states the current year is 2512:

ian pillay
    Participant

Correct on the 3rd Ed. 2nd Ed the current year is zero. However the union of men is the same but third has introduce Sigma. The 2nd doesn’t mention him.
    I will try and get the page up from 2nd Ed. iPhones don’t seem to work directly on this site.

Tally-Ho!

Mike
    Keymaster

Cheers. I suspect it is the image size rather than the device, big image?

ian pillay
    Participant

Yes, not sure how to resize on the phone.

Tally-Ho!

Mike
    Keymaster

Changing the camera settings is the only way I know, but even then with modern camera phones they seem to think a gazillion MP is needed for a photo.
    Frustrating for me as a couple of hundred KB is normally more than adequate for online.

Kitfox
    Participant

Correct on the 3rd Ed. 2nd Ed the current year is zero. However the union of men is the same but third has introduce Sigma. The 2nd doesn’t mention him.

second edition Warhammer doesn’t seem to specify a date. It does include a historical timeline but it’s given in terms of years before present so the zero indicates the present year but doesn’t suggest an actual numbered year.

For interest the WFRP 1st edition version of The Enemy Within specifies the year as 2512 as well providing a calendar of the year.

Death to all fanatics!

ian pillay
    Participant

Kitfox, thanks for getting that image up. Been struggling with the phone. Found an App that should do it but not got the book until I get home.

Tally-Ho!

Carlos Von B
    Participant

The Storm of Chaos (2004) is a 6th Edition (2000) supplement set in 2251-2522, I could not find the date in the book but Warhammer timelines place it on those dates (https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Warhammer_World#Storm_of_Chaos).

I also seem to remember back then, that real time and Warhammer time were syncronised 1:1.

The 6th edition Vampire Counts Army Book (2001) has Zacharias on a Zombie Dragon which according to the above Wiki happens in 2518. These times support the 1:1 ratio. This would mean the 6th edition has Warhammer Old World date of 2517.

Kitfox
    Participant

Here’s the whole thing. When you’re uploading on an iPhone if you tap where it says actual size and the file size it gives you the option to adjust the image size to a more manageable one.

Death to all fanatics!

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I only have the 2 Realms Of Chaos books left.  Think they might have timeline info?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.