Home Forums General General Warhammer RPG on Humble

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Humble currently have a deal on Warhammer Fantasy RPG that also includes a 20% discount voucher for Crucible 7 here

TBH, Ive never seen anyone play the game but for lore / fluff it may be worth investing. The current cost is £21.81 for 49 PDFs and one voucher though you can pay more or buy fewer items for less.

Before anyone asks – yes this is a valid legal offer (they are part of Ziff Davis). T&Cs here (love section 6 – why just one state?)

The only drawback is that by default not as much goes back to charity now (see here for the full history) – please alter the slider to select your favourite charities so they get more money if its offered. At least the 15% lets Humble keep working and donating so I’ll shut up.

Participant

That is a heck of a deal!

I am very happy that Cubicle 7 have kept the old RPG lines (both the GW and Fantasy Flight) available.  I am currently running a Rogue Trader campaign and have played Dark Heresy in the past, but have not yet tried their new Wrath And Glory setting and rules nor their new Age of Sigma stuff.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>If you like role-playing bundles, I assume you’ve heard of Bundle of Holding?</p>
    https://bundleofholding.com

Totally legit as well.

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>If you like role-playing bundles, I assume you’ve heard of Bundle of Holding?</p>
    https://bundleofholding.com

Totally legit as well.

Actually, a friend of mine played Warhammer FRP when it first came out.   So there’s at least one person in the world who tried it!

Participant

Make that two, I’ve been playing it on and off in various editions since 1987…now I feel old!

Death to all fanatics!

Keymaster

I played it pretty much every Saturday for a number of years, with the same character.

Also played it a bit earlier this year.

Participant

Played it quite a bit as a student. it was OK. but we just ended up using RQ mechanics instead in the Old World fluff. There was a period when everyone thought they could come up with  A Better Mechanic, always thought Basic Roleplaying was the only system anyone needed.

Keymaster

My recent expedition into playing WFRP was the setting but using the Elric! rules which is a derivative from….

….

Basic Roleplaying… 😀

Participant

Yup, it’s the only set you really need 🙂

Participant

I’ve never heard of the Basic Roleplaying set but out of curiosity I thought I would have a peek (both my kids are into 5e) but stopped at Amazon:

Please tell me this is the wrong set!

Participant

Lol, mine was a paper insert in my RQ 3rd edition.

if you have played Runequest, Elric, Call of Cthulhu then you already know it

Keymaster
    Participant

…free PDF…

Ta for that link. That’s much more my price

Played Runequest when it first came out but not tried Elric or CoC though folk at the club played the latter many years ago. Not sure how the kids (well they are 30+) would take a new game as they are heavy into 5e but it may be handy for me as my health gets better.

Participant

Call of Cthulhu is a great game although it may be a steep learning curve for players who are used to hacking and slaying their way out of trouble but it'[s a great way of getting people to think their way out of trouble.

Death to all fanatics!

Keymaster

I like the Chaosium engine as there is no XP so it takes away that element.
    You can really only improve skills you use, no suddenly buying swimming with XP for your desert nomad.
    You don’t have levels, your stats rarely increase and combat can be brutal.

The various games that use the core engine have varying levels of difficulty, I prefer Elric!

Participant

I like the Chaosium engine as there is no XP so it takes away that element. You can really only improve skills you use, no suddenly buying swimming with XP for your desert nomad. You don’t have levels, your stats rarely increase and combat can be brutal.

THIS!  This is why I like this system as well as the old WEG Star Wars!  (I won’t get up on my soapbox about D&D/PF, Palladium, etc…today)

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.