Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Warhammer – The Old World

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

ooooh

Square Bases and Kislev Ascendant – See Your Questions About Warhammer: The Old World Answered – Warhammer Community

LINK

Thomaston
    Participant

They got me really excited at the “Scale 10mm or 15mm?” bit

Tired is enough.
    I like tiny miniatures

Steven Francis
    Participant

And then let you down? I am pleased over all that the core is 28mm. Not because I have anything old world at that scale but because they seem to be understanding that changing scale will alienate the main body. Of course if I play…I will go for granny grating scale😜

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Interesting that they are going back in time rather than pushing forwards to a new world reborn/reset after the AoS gets tidied up.  It’s great that people should be able to pull out all of that old lead to be used with the new.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Angel Barracks

When they say the same scale, is that 25mm, 28mm or whatever it is now (32mm?)?
    IF they really mean same as it was, properly as it was, that will be aces.

Thomaston
    Participant

I’m guessing they mean 32mm or whatever scale Age of Sigmar is.
    I wasn’t expecting mentions of other scales so 10mm and 15mm got my attention. Almost started thinking about plastic fantasy minis at 10mm when I read the rest.

Tired is enough.
    I like tiny miniatures

Mike
    Keymaster

I’m guessing they mean 32mm or whatever scale Age of Sigmar is.

That would make sense in one way, but that would make old armies incompatible and they say they want people to use their old models.

ian pillay
    Participant

I think it’s 28mm is what they mean. I think that is 32mm 🤭

Tally-Ho!

Thomaston
    Participant

Maybe they’ll do it like teh space marines, old minis along side new minis?

Tired is enough.
    I like tiny miniatures

Mike
    Keymaster

Scale creep is my worry though.
    Will the old original figures be compatiable with new?

I say worry, actually I don’t care.
    I will carry on playing with what I want, but you know what I mean.

🙂

Kitfox
    Participant

I’m cautiously optimistic about this, it’ll be nice to see a return to Warhammer.  Age of Sigmar never really grabbed my attention although I did pick up some of the less outrageous figures so I’m hoping they’ll reign it in a little so the figures rank up nicely and are a bit less fiddly to paint.   I really like the designs they’ve shown for the Kislevite Ice Guard although not so much the enchanted ice weapons although they should be easy enough to swap out.

I do think it’s a shame they’ve stuck mostly with the 3rd edition onwards, there’s a small part of me that still wants to see a new take on the Amazonian Cult of Rigg (now I’m really showing my age)!

Death to all fanatics!

Mike
    Keymaster

I want more about the cult of Gadd!

I suspect I will get the rules and depending on where we live (probably still where we are now) either ignore them if bad, or use them with 10mm if still here.

I guess this a reference to Diana Rigg?

Kitfox
    Participant

I suspect I’ll take a look, I haven’t bought a copy of Warhammer since 5th Edition (or thereabouts) and tend to default back to 2nd or 3rd because they were more fun in terms of the background and I always enjoyed the more narrative scenarios.  It’s worth trying to track down a copy of the Rigg’s Shrine Scenario which was a lot of fun (although very difficult to actually run).

Death to all fanatics!

Mike
    Keymaster

It’s worth trying to track down a copy of the Rigg’s Shrine Scenario which was a lot of fun (although very difficult to actually run).

Google did that, looks quite RPG’y.

Angel Barracks

I just read about a guy who was so into WFB that when Age Of Sigmar was released all those years back he got so angry at GW he set fire to his WFB army.

Bet he is annoyed at himself now…

Sane Max
    Participant

I just read about a guy who was so into WFB that when Age Of Sigmar was released all those years back he got so angry at GW he set fire to his WFB army. Bet he is annoyed at himself now…

silly boy, but I cannot talk.  I had a early 90’s Khorne Army, Chaos Dwarf War Machines, Kaleb Darrrk, Beautiful John Blanche style glossy Chaos Warriors, thugs, marauders, all the stuff people go nuts over now on Ebay and the Oldhammer community.

I couldn’t ever win games with them, they were badly painted, and I had previously had real issues stripping things… so I melted the whole lot down and cast them into sling bullets.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.