Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Warlocks Range of Figures

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Wee Wolf Miniatures takes 3rd place in the Historicon 18 painting competition in the SciFi category. There was only one entry. 😛

Warlocks by WeeWolf

https://weewolfminiatures.com/collections/warlocks

Keymaster

LOL, that baddy looks like he could bend stuff!

Congrats on a prize though.

Participant

I love them!  “Wizards” is one of my favorite movies form yester yor!  Necron 99 looks a bit pissed off, I like that.  Can’t wait to see what else they put out.  I will for sure be getting some.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Bakshi being a bit of a blind spot for me, I had honestly never heard of the movie Wizards until now. Reading about it now, it strikes me as one of those films any aficionado of fantasy and sci-fi culture “ought to” have watched, if only for the sake of possessing the knowledge of it. These far-out 70s / early-80s sci-fantasy stories tend to be heady stuff and I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with them (I saw the 1981 Heavy Metal movie for the first time less than a year ago, and it was tough going at times due to all the weapons-grade sleaze), but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t at least a little bit interested in the idea of doing a minor project in that style. So I’m interested in seeing where this range goes. The initial releases look interesting.

Nice painting too.

So, FWIW I watched Wizards. It was… trippy. I expected it to be a bit dank and sleazy, and it was in places, but not as much as Heavy Metal. I watched it with mainly “academic” interest as a cultural artifact, and as such I don’t regret it. The artwork by Mike Ploog and Ian Miller alone was enough to make it worth it.

I wouldn’t mind some miniatures of elves like in that film. Short like Santa’s elves, but warlike and heroic with a swords-and-sorcery barbaric look about them.

Participant

Elves are coming and so will a 2 player starter set with rules and stuff.

Participant

was there? damn it i should have entered in that category too! i won third place historicals. i have a medal like that too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.