Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Warlord Games – Victory at Sea

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Thomaston
    Participant

Anyone playing/interested/have thoughts on this?

Do you think it’ll take off or have you seen it being played much?

Considering Axis & Allies War at Sea died a few years ago and VaS uses the same ship scale I’m wondering if they’ll sell many minis, anyone interestd in WWII naval probably had ships from WaS so all they’ll need are rules and cards. The ships being cast on sea base will probably forces players to use their minis or not at all for uniformity.

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

Blackhat
    Participant

I was interested in it but the ship models put me off.

Firegorge Games is supposed to be producing a 1/1800th WW2 Naval game but I haven’t seen any updates on it recently…

Mike

Black Hat Miniatures -
    http://www.www.blackhat.co.uk/

Thomaston
    Participant

What put you off about the ships?

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

Blackhat
    Participant

The horrible bases…

Mike

Black Hat Miniatures -
    http://www.www.blackhat.co.uk/

Thomaston
    Participant

Me too. I was really interested in the carriers until I found out they’re cast on base.

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

fairoaks024
    Participant

Yup, same here, the bases make everything look like a hovercraft. Particularly stupid looking if applied to submarine models.

Griffon86
    Participant

I was following the pre-release hype and almost gave it a try…until I saw the huge bases on the models.  Since I only dabble in WWII naval miniatures (having played around with the Battle of the River Plate) I’m going with GHQ minis and Bob Cordery’s Gridded Naval Miniatures for my South Seas Patrol project.

Griffon86

griffonpubstudio.blogspot.com
    hobbygamesrecce.blogspot.com

McKinstry
    Participant

Tried it today (first game at our FLGS in almost a year) and the rules are OK if probably not very useable in large fleet actions but the models are way too big for the scales/ranges used. OK rules, silly too large models for said rules (much as with Cruel Seas).

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.