Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Warrior Miniatures British infantry 1740ish

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    willz
    Participant

For £20 and 15% P and P £23 in total you get 50, 25mm figures, I am well impressed with the quality of casting. Sadly the muskets are not the best but  I will replace or improve them.

Here are some photos of pack F assorted British Redcoats from his Jacobite rising 25mm range.  You get 19 marching, 17 advancing, 4 loading, 4 shooting, 2 officers, 2 drummers and 2 sergeants.

A few more photo’s on this forum http://societyofgentlemengamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10609

A bit of work on these figures and they come up a treat, excellent value.

Angel Barracks

£23 in total you get 50 figures,

25mm?

willz
    Participant

Meant to say 25mm probably nearer 28 / 30mm.

Angel Barracks

You did say, I was just checking as that is insane cheap!

willz
    Participant

Its worth checking out his web site, there are lots of periods and scales.  Some of the figures are not to everyone’s taste or style but they are good valve for money.

http://www.warrioronline.demon.co.uk/

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

a chacun son gout

I bought some Warrior minis way back in the 80s. I wasn’t very impressed.

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Oh no….
    Participant

There are some gems in Warriors ranges, the old Viking (mostly the Vikings) and Castile Miniatures (medieval) ranges are in the “Crusades” range. They also have the old Gallia ECW and Colonial ranges. Some of their newer ancients figures are very good, though not a lot of figure variants, along with the newer figures/ranges. Some of the ranges date back to the late 70s, early 80s (Elizabethans spring to mind).

Like a few manufacturers sites, they could do with more photos of their wares. Big pluses are the prices and they are great to deal with and very helpful. Delivery is very fast too.

Cameronian
    Participant

I’ve been pondering over them for a couple of years now after getting samples:

Sergeant and dragoon trooper:

Drummer and officer:

The dragoon has the original musket, a poor weedy thing, much like his horse!  The officer’s sword came from a Warrior Highlander, his own was a not up to much (BTW the Highlanders are well worth a bargain bucket).  No grenadiers in the range which is a pity.  If a source of decent muskets can be found then these would look fine painted up en masse. Irregular do loose muskets with fixed bayonets but no idea what they are like, I asked Warfare Miniatures but didn’t get a reply. Proportionally they are akin to Warfare Miniatures but much smaller than Cran Tara.

Thanks William for bringing these back to mind.

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

willz
    Participant

These are warrior Miniatures apart from the drummer (Irregular) with musket from Redoubt.

Battalion infantry gun Warrior Miniatures with Hinchcliffe cannon.

Working  party.  With one Dixon.

willz
    Participant

More WIP

Cameronian
    Participant

Those are neat artillery conversions, good idea seeing Warrior don’t have any artillery.  Think I’m going to have to paint up a battalion and some.

Thanks for sharing William

BTW whose muskets?

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Cameronian.

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

willz
    Participant

BTW whose muskets?

Cheers for you kind comments George, The muskets on the painted figures are Redoubt and the unpainted are Crann Tara Miniatures.

willz
    Participant

Like a few manufacturers sites, they could do with more photos of their wares. Big pluses are the prices and they are great to deal with and very helpful. Delivery is very fast too.

I agree some of his figures I think are excellent, some not so good, however photo’s of his products would pay dividends.

Eric Henderson
    Participant

I’ve always had great service from Warrior. Their prices are great and they have some unusual stuff in their catalogue.

willz
    Participant

I’ve always had great service from Warrior. Their prices are great and they have some unusual stuff in their catalogue.

I totally agree, excellent service.

willz
    Participant

Here is a photo of some Warrior Miniature cavalry (figures on the right), mounted on Hinchcliffe horses and a couple of arm swaps.

willz
    Participant

More work in progress.

Muskets Perry Miniatures or Warlord, with arms carved off.  Some rifle butts from Warrior miniatures.

willz
    Participant

Some samples from Warrior arrived today, ordered them late last week arrive today excellent service.

Here is a photo of a French 12pdr from the 25mm range an excellent model for £3.

More information on the forum http://societyofgentlemengamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10609

Oh no….
    Participant

That guns a cracker and terrific value for £3!

willz
    Participant

Just a photo for size comparison.

From left to right Warlord, Warrior AWI, Warlord, Warrior Jacobite range, Warlord, Warrior AWI, Warlord.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.