Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Weird Day / Retro(ish) 40K Project

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Over the lockdown I’ve been struggling with motivation.  However, I finally decided I fancied trying to pull together a project I’ve been promising myself for years.  A bit of 1st edition 40k with all the weirdness and fun the game’s lost over the years.  I’m going for the story of a small garrison of the Imperial Army (never mind your Astra Militarum) on a remote research planet who’ve been mostly forgotten by the Imperium trying to survive in a Vietnamesque jungle nightmare of weird aliens and crazy natives.

So I ordered myself a couple of Valkyrie (you can’t do Vietnam without helicopters things) and then started looking through the placcy/lead pile for the figures…weirdly I came across exactly what I need with most of it already painted.  I must be getting old and forgotten all about them!

The beleaguered remnants of the garrison.

Officers, scientists and others (Beastman Trooper, Tau Scout, Astropath etc.)

Remember the god old days when Imperial Army had access to Rhinos?

Not sure the Mechanicus is dealing with a full deck.

Tarantula sentry guns, targeting scanner almost 90% reliable.

Death to all fanatics!

Keymaster

Noice.

Participant

TBH – at £100 for two I could do Vietnam without helicopters!

Love the mix of figures though – shows how well the Grim Dark Future holds up no matter who you add into the mix.

Participant

They’re Only that price if you buy them direct!

Death to all fanatics!

Participant

Got some painting time in today so got the first Valk painted and touched up a few of the others.

Death to all fanatics!

Participant

Sounds like a wonderful project!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.