Home Forums General General Welcome to the General Forum

Tagged: 

This topic contains 216 replies, has 98 voices, and was last updated by Mike Mike 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 201 through 217 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Still looking around the place, glad to be here.

Glad to have you!

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Always good to see new members !!

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

I am reminded how much I love this site!

Ochoin
    Ochoin
    Participant

It used to be a well kept secret, but I think TWW is now fairly widely known, & respected, as a decent & functioning wargames’ site.

Like most things in life, it’s down to the people involved & there are a good crowd here. TWW: long may it run!

donald

I have returned…

Huzzah!

Or should that be “Crikey!” ? 

Ochoin
    Ochoin
    Participant

I have returned…

I didn’t know you’d gone. 😉

I have returned…

I didn’t know you’d gone. 😉

Mr. Insensitivity…

You fellows should stop poking yourselves in the eye. 

Ochoin
    Ochoin
    Participant

You fellows should stop poking yourselves in the eye.

if you start talking about motes, I’ll be going……

donald

MattH
    MattH
    Participant

Hi all, I finally got round to registering after lurking here for a while. I recently came back to miniatures gaming after a short 20 year break. I mostly do naval stuff, but dabble in other areas too. Recent projects, which I will post pics of at some point, have been late 19th century naval, Missile Threat (cold war air combat) and Gaslands.

Dal Gavan
    Dal Gavan
    Participant

G’day.

My name’s my user name, so that’s taken care of. Also known as “Spanner” many years ago. I’ve been gaming since I was 13, starting with Airfix figures and Charles Grant rules. Now, too many years later, I mainly use 15mm/18mm for ancients and the mid-18th century (Grant’s rules again). But also have some 28mm stuff for Saga, Napoleonic and SYW skirmish, Wings of War/Wings of Glory WWI and Perry’s excellent Wars of the Roses figures. There’s even some 1/300 WWII, though they haven’t had a run in 10+ years, and some /2400 ironclads. I will have a go at anything, though, and we have a small group in the Canberra area that has played everything from Dark Ages to 1970’s on land, sea and air games.

Then there’s board wargames, though I haven’t played any in years.

Background- Aussie, 24 years in the Army (vast majority in the ARA) as an infantryman then an electronics technician with RAEME. Since retiring from the ARA I’ve tended to stay in the Defence world (aka “The Black Hole” or the “Purple People Eater”), either as a technician or as a technical writer. Failed my first try at retiring (I’m ashamed to say I’m not as lazy as I hoped), so I’m back as a contracted technical writer.

Cheers.

Dal.

Ochoin
    Ochoin
    Participant

How very nice to see you here, Dal. I will value your expertise as well as good company. Alas, I’m still asking daft questions.

BTW I think you should only retire when you have to.

slainte, donald

Not Connard Sage
    Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Welcome aboard Dal. I used to enjoy your Spanner and Yank site back in the day 🙂

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

jeff fearnow
    jeff fearnow
    Participant

I am finally here, thanks to Nordic Weasel endlessly pestering me…

Kidding. I’m a G+ refugee looking for a home and Ivan pointed out that TWW doesn’t suck.

But riddle me this: trying to customize my profile….as soon as i tap ‘Update’ it tells me 404: no such website as https://www.thewargameswebsite.com/profile/fearnow/edit/

What am I doing wrong?

Just this guy, you know?

Bandit
    Bandit
    Participant

I am finally here, thanks to Nordic Weasel endlessly pestering me…   Kidding. I’m a G+ refugee looking for a home and Ivan pointed out that TWW doesn’t suck.

Welcome! TWW indeed does not suck!

I’m sure Mike will be along in not too long to address your quandary.

Cheers,

The Bandit

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Hi. Thanks for joining. What is it you are trying to do?

I can see you have uploaded an image. Could you drop me an e-mail please?

[email protected]

Viewing 17 posts - 201 through 217 (of 217 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.