Home Forums Alternate History Victorian Sci Fi Welcome to the Victorian Science Fiction Forum

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Keymaster

This is the forum for posting about things connected to VSF wargames.

craig cartmell
    Participant

Hi Mike & Sam,

Just raising the flag here for In Her Majesty’s Name 🙂

Cheers,
    Craig

The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare

Mike
    Keymaster

Hi.

Please feel free to share any news about IHMN, or game reports, or ideas, or or….

Paul
    Participant

Don’t mind me, just looking around.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

guy osborne
    Participant

Hi all,

im just getting into wolsung. They have great buildings . what other Victorian rules are out there? ( other than IHMN) many thanks in advance.

craig cartmell
    Participant

The other current major skirmish game is Empire of the Dead, which focuses primarily on Gothic Horror in the Victorian period. it is well-supported by a range of figures from Westwind.

IHMN and EotD came out at pretty much the same time (Salute 2014), where there was also small demo game for Wolsung. Unfortunately for the Wolsung boys their small 3’x3′ table, though beautiful was next door to the rather rowdy and huge (12’x4′) Victorian East End Cityscape where IHMN was being launched.

There is a lot of hoohaa about Wolsung currently because of their well-supported Kickstarter campaign.

I think that there is plenty of space in the VSF/Steampunk skirmish market for all three games to thrive as each serve a slightly different market;

• EotD: Victorian Gothic Horror
    • IHMN: straight VSF
    • Wolsung: more fantastic steampunk

Cheers,
    Craig

The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare

guy osborne
    Participant

Thanks Craig for that. Will wait till my wolsung kickstarter arrives looking forward to playing it with my 2daughters. While I wait i might take a look at IHMN.

religon
    Participant

I can’t speak to the others, but our local gaming group has had a fine time with IHMN. It is a very versatile system for those looking for a good set of adventure-skirmish rules.

You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement! --Lt. Aldo Raine

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.