Home Forums General Blogs What are your favorite WWII wargaming blogs, podcasts and Youtube channels?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stug
    Participant

What are your favorite WWII wargaming blogs, podcasts and Youtube channels? I am only interested in wargaming between WWII and today and am not interested in fantasy and science-fiction wargaming.

I am waiting for your recommendations 🙂

Tony S
    Participant

I usually listen to podcasts and sometimes listen to YouTube, while painting.

I did leave a note regarding a podcast on another of your threads.  Specifically, the Canadian Wargamer podcast, because episode 15 discusses the wargaming scene in Montreal, where I think you said you are?

Other than that, I listen to Anything But A One, God’s Own Scale and the Yarkshire Gamers Reet Big Wargamers podcasts.

For video, I like Storm of Steel and Jim Owczarski (whom I just found today)!  I also really like Little Wars TV.

MartinR
    Participant

I follow scores of blogs, I’m not going  to list them all though. I like Heretical Gaming (which is mainly 6mm), Sound Officers Call and the Tank Archives, along with Wargaming Miscellany and Megablitz and More.

Podcasts and UTube are an alien concept.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

willz
    Participant

This one, Fife and Drum forum, the Loose Association, The Society of Gentlemen Gamers, Scotia Albion, Blogs of War.  The last one has links to hundreds of wargaming blogs.

https://wargamesblogs.blogspot.com/

ian pillay
    Participant

apart from this place I have a few blogs that I have booked marked my favourite blog is
    Steelcitywargaming when he can be bothered to post stuff….🤭

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

Whirlwind
    Participant

Sorry, bit puzzled – are you asking for our favourite blogs, podcasts and whatnot?  Or recommendations for those who are interested mainly in WW2?  My lists for those questions are quite different, but the ones who make both are (although it is very possible I have missed a couple out inadvertently).  There are lots of other ones I really like (e.g. Polemarch, Wargaming for Grown Ups, Wargames Miscellany and Battle Game of the Month) but they don’t cover WW2 all that much, or at all.  I listen to Gods Own Scale and Henry Hyde’s podcasts regularly but they aren’t WW2 focused.  I listen to other podcasts from time-to-time but I don’t have time to listen to them regularly.  Anyway, recommended blogs for WW2 stuff:

This.  Plus this thread on TMP for Mark 1s stuff.

The Games We Play.

Shaun’s blog.

Steve Jones’ blog.

Just Jack’s Blogs (you have to follow the links to get to all the WW2 stuff, it tends to be scattered over several themed blogs).

Wargaming Addict.

Battlefields & Warriors

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Stug
    Participant

Sorry, bit puzzled – are you asking for our favourite blogs, podcasts and whatnot? Or recommendations for those who are interested mainly in WW2? My lists for those questions are quite different, but the ones who make both are (although it is very possible I have missed a couple out inadvertently). There are lots of other ones I really like (e.g. Polemarch, Wargaming for Grown Ups, Wargames Miscellany and Battle Game of the Month) but they don’t cover WW2 all that much, or at all. I listen to Gods Own Scale and Henry Hyde’s podcasts regularly but they aren’t WW2 focused. I listen to other podcasts from time-to-time but I don’t have time to listen to them regularly. Anyway, recommended blogs for WW2 stuff: This. Plus this thread on TMP for Mark 1s stuff. The Games We Play. Shaun’s blog. Steve Jones’ blog. Just Jack’s Blogs (you have to follow the links to get to all the WW2 stuff, it tends to be scattered over several themed blogs). Wargaming Addict. Battlefields & Warriors

Thanks for your recommandations.

Sorry, I was not precise enough. I only wanted WWII related blogs, podcasts and Youtube channels. I changed my title and description.

Thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.