Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy What Fantasy Rules Offer Battles and Light Role Play?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    irishserb
    Participant

I have a few hundred fantasy figs that have been hanging around for some years, and though i’ve considered getting rid of them time and again, I always end up holding on to them.  Lately I’ve been feeling more frequent urges to pull them off of the shelves, and though I already have a homebrew set of rules, thought I’d ask what might be commercially available these days.

So, I would need them to accommodate adventures and battles, incorporating anything from 3-4 figs and up to maybe 150 figs per side (very rarely), and featuring specialized “characters/leaders/heros” with individual attributes, “line” troops with more generic stats, and light role play.  Is there anything out there that does that?  Lots of numbers/stats and/or lots of dice aren’t a problem.

Thanks,

irishserb

Steve Johnson
    Participant

Dragon Rampant springs to mind.

Thorsten Frank
    Participant

So, I would need them to accommodate adventures and battles, incorporating anything from 3-4 figs and up to maybe 150 figs per side (very rarely), and featuring specialized “characters/leaders/heros” with individual attributes, “line” troops with more generic stats, and light role play. Is there anything out there that does that?

Well, for the few-against-many part Burning Sands comes immediately to my mind. I´ve done one game with 4 “heroes” against 20 adversaries (the heroes lost but there was a chance for them to turn the game more than once).

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

Wouter Wolput
    Participant

Song of Blades and Heroes perhaps, you can give the heroes extra abilities to make them better and then pit them against a horde with basic models.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.