Home Forums WWII What Fast Assembly (Like PSC, etc) Saves You! :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

The author of this topic requested their account be deleted.

This topic has been kept by attributing the original post to an admin account, and replacing the initial wording by the now deleted user with this.
    To have deleted the topic in its entirety would also have deleted the replies of others, and it is not fair that their postings be effected.

– Mike.

Participant

Tim:

Do you think there should be a distinction between the models we build for display and the models we build for gaming?  I like my display models intricate and detailed but I prefer more straight forward models for gaming. About 7-10 parts plus 3-4 extra pieces of stowage/antenna/camo are about my speed for gaming pieces. Painting, sometimes with decals, basing and flocking in addition to assembly make it desirable to make each model as simple to assemble as possible without sacrificing an acceptable level of detail. 16 pieces seems a bit excessive especially if most of those are wheels. And man, do I hate photo-etched parts.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

Participant

Thanks Tim – You are preaching to the choir as far as I’m concerned – I have two left hands and 10 thumbs – but its good to be reminded every now and again of how we live in a golden age of wargaming with all the hard plastic dedicated wargaming products coming out these days!

http://sparkerswargames.blogspot.com.au/
    'Blessed are the peacekeepers, for they shall need to be well 'ard'
    Matthew 5:9

Participant

For fast build, Armourfast (from the Hat line-up I think) can be really useful. You get two models in a box for £8 and the tracks and wheels etc are supplied as one ready built unit.

I have a T-34, a Stug III and their 251 half tracks. The tread on the tracks are under-modelled, but other than  that they are quite good for their money.

If you go to this link and scroll down, you can see both my Stug and T-34 – quite passable I think for the Wargame table ….. but unlikely to make Tim’s glass cabinet 🙂

LINK – http://commanders.simdif.com/video-links.html

Participant

If fast build kits had been available 20-25 years ago I’d probably still be gaming WWII in 20mm. As a kid I had time for kits but they were becoming increasingly complex. As I grew up time available for the hobby decreased and the introduction on link and length track was the final straw for me. Eventually I switched to 15mm with metal/resin models generally half a dozen or so pieces. When PSC hit the scene I wasn’t too sure I wanted to build plastic kits again but gave it a go anyway. I was pleasantly surprised as the plastic parts fitted so well they were actually quicker to build than metal/resin with fewer parts. Detail is acceptable to me too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.