Home Forums General General What Strange Hell is This…

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Most figures ranges are done, because the person involved wants them himself, and then they are offered for sale. Sometimes it is done because of a perceived gap in the market (No one has done X well, and while it may not be my period I can see them selling).

That is how Angel Barracks in its current guise came about.
    After getting into 6mm sci-fi I noticed no-one did sci-fi wildlife, plenty of intelligent alien races but no alien cows or dogs etc.
    That annoyed me as I wanted such things for my games, so I set about getting them done.
    Then I noticed that no-one did 6mm sci-fi civilians, so I set about making them.
    Then I noticed….

and so it goes.

Participant

I seem to recall, last time I was over at PSC GHQ, looking at 15mm Napoleonic renders for plastic production…

Not cheap though to do, what with design work, artwork and moulds.

Plus I hope they don’t, cos I would have to paint them for the box art…

Participant

well, they do it for WWii (slipped past my radar, but they did) and I secretly suspect there are more Napoleonics gamers than you would expect. I am not sure people who like the beautiful uniforms of the period will be drawn to the scale, but what do I know?

Participant

There are a lot of 15mm Napoleonics warg…no, there a many Napoleonic wargam…there are many wargamers who play Napoleonics with 15mm figures.

I was one, until the decades of enthusiastic self-abuse took its toll on my eyesight just like mum said it would. Being unable to see the damn things I moved on to 28mm, but am seriously considering a larger scale as I’m not going to stop being an onanist any time soon.

🙂

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

I went the other way (No- not that!) and realised that not being able to see the little darlings that clearly made 6mm the perfect answer – I can always blame my rubbish painting and lack of detailed research on turnback buttons etc on the scale – next stop 2mm!

Participant

I’ve considered 2mm as well. Band of white at the bottom, band of blue in the middle, band of black at the top, dots of flesh colour at the front of the black bit – French infantry.

Then you start thinking about belts and turnbacks and cuffs…

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Of course there are always cardboard counters

Participant

Can’t read what’s printed on ’em. 🙁

Participant

54mm cardboard counters?

Participant

Now there’s a thought…

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.