Home Forums Terrain and Scenery What Type of Mat(s)?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

I am currently looking for a couple of new mats. I have a 3’x3′ board and a 4’x4′ board to cover. I currently have a 2’x2′ board covered with a Noch spring meadow mat (the ‘greener’ shade) and a two 3’x2′ boards covered with Noch summer meadow mats (the ‘yellower’ shade). So I was thinking of just covering these new boards the same way, but it occurred to me that I could get some mats from Tiny Wargames or similar in cloth or plastic. I was thinking of getting some ocean ones in any case.

So the question is, for those who have seen/used both, any comments preferences?

(n.b. I sometimes butt boards together, but I do have a bigger table with a separate mat, so that isn’t a crucial consideration)

Participant

My experience with Tiny is that the mats are lovely, if they ever turn up!!!

Couple of good experiences with them, one utterly horrendous.

There are plenty of reports of problems with them online.

Geek Villain (UK), PWorks (EU) and Cigar Box (US), depending where on the planet you are, also do mats and have better reports on their standards of service.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Participant

I would recommend cloth as being easier to store folded up rather than rolled tube material.

www.olivercromwell.org; www.battlefieldstrust.com
    6mm wargames group: [email protected]; 2mm wargames group: [email protected]

Participant

I have bought 3 mats from War Sigil (US based, all of mine are 4’x6′) and am suuuuper pleased with them.  Not cheap, but hand made, textured and flocked, etc and most have a couple of options to choose from as well as scales (such as the sea mats).  I’m going to have him make an alien landscape with custom colors for me in a couple of months.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.