Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi What Would You Use This “Kingdom Of Jones” Set For?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Cacique Caribe
    Participant

These are the Khurasan figures in question:

And this is the page where you will find them:

https://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/15mmzombie.html

So … what scenarios would you use the figures in?

– Alien invasion resistance fighters (like those in the Falling Skies tv series);
    – Post-apocalyptic survivors;
    – Zombie hunters;
    – Near future civil war faction;
    – Mid tech offworld colony rebels, fighting megacorps or some other evil;
    – All the above; or
    – Something completely different (please explain)

Thanks

PS. In case you were wondering, “Kingdom of Jones” is the name Khurasan Miniatures has given to the range.

Dan
    Loads of WIPs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/with/72157710630529376

Thuseld
    Participant

All of the above.

But also:

1. A para-military mercenary group like Blackwater.
    2. Pirates.
    Tim
    Participant

Suitably painted, I’d use them for 15mm nearish-future Cyberpunk – the odd head swap with GZG and they’d fit nicely

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Ya, I was going to say Corp. security, or maybe Evil Boss minions ala current Bond series.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Mike Headden
    Participant

Plausibly deniable covert ops in other people’s countries?

Variable, I am not receiving. We are under heavy attack.
    Need air support, over.
    Variable, this is Knife, over! Switch!
    Variable, this is Knife! Where the hell are you?!

…..

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Thomaston
    Participant

Is it just me, but just seeing the photos I could tell they were 15mm.

I’d probably use them for Project Slow Burn. They fit in the near future, special forces and rebel stuff well.

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

Mike Headden
    Participant

Is it just me, but just seeing the photos I could tell they were 15mm. I’d probably use them for Project Slow Burn. They fit in the near future, special forces and rebel stuff well.

I assumed they were 28mm until I saw the reference to Khurasan.

Cacique Caribe
    Participant

Is it just me, but just seeing the photos I could tell they were 15mm. I’d probably use them for Project Slow Burn. They fit in the near future, special forces and rebel stuff well.

What’s “Project Slow Burn”?

Thanks

Dan
    Loads of WIPs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/with/72157710630529376

Thomaston
    Participant

Oh, ignore that, it’s kind of a joke at this point.

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

Mike Headden
    Participant

These are the Khurasan figures in question: PS. In case you were wondering, “Kingdom of Jones” is the name Khurasan Miniatures has given to the range.

The Kingdom of Jones was the area of Jones county, Mississipi which, during the American Civil War, held itself apart from the surrounding Confederacy. It seems that suggestions that they were an island of Union sympathisers is somewhat overstating things. Which hasn’t stopped a film being made of the freedom-fighters defending hearth and home.

Since they are part of a zombie apocalypse range presumably these are the fighting men of a human enclave holding out against the infected.

The film, for those interested, is “Free State of Jones” (2016) – it was panned by the critics and bombed at the box office. The acting is great, the story is “Hollywood History” and the pacing of the movie seemed off to me but I still enjoyed it.

Cacique Caribe
    Participant

Mike

I think that’s a better movie review than what I had heard until now.  I’ll have to give it a shot now.

Thanks

PS.  And, by the way, I’m extremely glad that no one here has tried to insinuate that this figure range has anything to do with the Jonestown (Guyana) tragedy of the late 1970s, because these figures clearly don’t.  But, for some reason, a few overly excited people on a different forum jumped to that erroneous conclusion when I posted this topic over there.  The thread over there has since been deleted.

Dan

Mike
    Keymaster

TMP?

Cacique Caribe
    Participant

Nope.  It’s a different site.  I haven’t been on TMP in about 2.5 years.

I’m just so glad that no one here has read too much into my simple question, and that topics aren’t deleted based on uninformed assumptions and without checking with the originator first.

Thanks

Dan

Stephen Madjanovich
    Participant

CC

Well I like what we have going so far. In fact pointing them out has me looking to buy when the next bit of money comes in. They should make great operatives in both Bongolesia and Traveller. Thank you for bringing these to my attention and giving me more ways to spend my money <VBG>.

Cacique Caribe
    Participant

Stephen

Always glad to help!  That’s one of the main reasons I make these posts, not just as a fact-finding tool for me but also as an awareness piece for the benefit of others.

They certainly look like they could pass for 28mm in that photo, don’t they?  Well I’m definitely ordering them, immediately after I get my next check.  The variety of poses in that single set can’t be beat.

Thanks

Dan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.